Click here – Weekly current affairs quiz -27 September
Daily Current Affairs in English – 2020 is very helpful for your government exams . Get important daily and monthly current affairs in English and quiz, one liners and gk tips and tricks and also related to your subjects which are very helpful for your examination .
Daily Current affairs 1 October 2020
Q.1. Turkey shares borders with which country?
Ans. Greece , Bulgaria , Armenia and Azerbaijani
- Explanation:- An Armenian Defence Ministry spokeswoman said in a statement that a Sukhoi Su-25 flown by Armenia’s air force had been on a military assignment in Armenia airspace when it was downed by an F-16 jet owned by the Turkish Air force . Much of NATO member Turkey’s air power is U.S. made. .
Q.2. When is International Translation Day celebrated?
Ans. 30 September
- Explanation:- On 30th September is observed by the United Nations as International Translation Day , every year.
- Theme 2020 -” Finding the words for a world in crisis”.
Q.3. Which Arab nation has decided unmanned spacecraft to the moon in 2024 ?
- Explanation:- UAE Vice President and Prime Minister and rural of Dubai , Emirates officials brief Sheikh Mohammad bin Rashid Al Maktoum about a possible moon mission on September 29, 2020 in Dubai.
- The rover would be named Rashid after Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum , one of the original founding rulers of UAE .
- Fourth Nation : If successful in 2024, the UAE could become the fourth nation to land a spacecraft on the moon after the U.S.A. the former Soviet Union and China .
Q.4. India has agreed to form a high level committee with which country?
Q.5. Where is the headquarter of Amnesty International?
- Explanation:- Nobel Prize for Peace (1977) .
- Indian Office in Karnataka.
- Amnesty work on Human right Commission.
- Amnesty International India has halted its human rights operations in India due to the freezing of its bank account by the Government of India .
- Argument by Amnesty: It has alleged that the government has frozen its bank accounts due to repeated calls for transparency and against the human rights violations in the country.
- India doesn’t allow interference in domestic political debates by entities funded by foreign donations. This law applies equally to all and it shall apply to Amnesty International as well.
- Avinash kumar is the executive director of Amnesty International in India.
Q.6. Who has started ‘Jal Kala Yojana’ to build green carpet on dry areas?
Ans. Andhra Pradesh
Explanation:- The Chief Minister Yeduguri Sandinti Jaganmohan Reddy of haslaunched YSR Jalakala Scheme on date of 28 September 2020. The scheme will be very good because it will provide free of cost borewells for all of the branches of the Andhra Pradesh state. A lot of farmers highly depends upon the natural water resources for their irrigation of the field but because there is a high draught statistics it is not possible for the farmers to use the natural groundwater resources for their irrigation.
Q.7. Harijan Sevak Sangh Foundation Day is celebrated on which date ?
Ans. 30 September
- Explanation:- Harijan Sevak Sangh was established on September 30, 1932 .It was founded by Gandhiji . He founded it when he was in Yervada Jail,Pune .
- It was founded to eliminate untouchability in India . It is headquarter in Kingsway Camp, Delhi . The Sang helped depressed classes (SC , ST category) in the Indian society to access public places as schools, temples , roads and water resources.
Q.8. Which state government has made it mandatory to display corona treatment rates in all hospitals?
Ans. Madhya Pradesh
Q.9. Who has launched ‘Operation My Saheli’ to enhance security of women passengers?
Ans. South Eastern Railways
- Explanation:- “Operation My Saheli ” (friend) gives security to women passengers from the originating point to the designation.
- Three trains Howrah-Yeshvantpur Duronto Special , Howarh-Ahmedabad Special and Howarh – Mumbai Special since September 18 .
Q.10. In which state NABARD has launched cleanliness literacy campaign?
Q.11. Who has been appointed as the chairman of Film and Technology Institute of India(FTII)Governing Counseling?
Ans. Shekhar kapoor
- Explanation:-This Institute in Pune and founded in 1960. It work on who want learn drama and acting .
Q.12. Which bank has launched India’s first warehouse Comodity Finance App?
Ans. HDFC Bank
- Explanation:- This app will enable customers in managing the loan against pledge of commodities online without any physical intervention or visits to Bank branch .
- It is founded on August 1994 and Headquarter in Mumbai and CEO of HDFC – Aditya Puri
Q.13. Which principle work on Brahmos missile ?
Ans. Fire and Forgets Principal
- Explanation:- The BrahMos is a medium-range ramjet supersonic cruise missile that can be launched from submarine, ships, aircraft, or land. It is the fastest supersonic cruise missile in the world . Successfully flight-tested on 30 September by the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) .
- Origin of places- India , Russia
- It operates on the “Fire and Forgets ” principle i.e. it does not require further guidance after launch .
- Brahmos is one of the fastest cruise missile currently operationally deployed with speed of Mach 2.8 , which is 3 times more than the speed of sound .
- Launched from land , air and sea and multi capability missile .
Q.14. Who has launched Defense India Startup Challenge-4?
Ans. Rajnath Singh
- Explanation:- Aimed at expanding the horizons of Innovation for Defence Excellence (iDEX) ecosystem in New Delhi .
Q.15. Who among the following has topped for 9th consecutive year in the Hurun India Rich list 2020 ?
Ans. Mukesh Ambani
- Explanation:- India’s business tycoon Mukesh Ambani continues to top the IIFL Wealth Hurun India Rich list 2020 for the ninth consecutive year with a total wealth of Rs. 6,58,400 crore .
- Rank 2: Hinduja Brothers, Hinduja group ( Wealth : Rs 1,43,700cr)
- Rank 3: Shiv Nadar , HCL Technologies (Wealth: Rs. 1,41,700 cr)
Q.16. Which state government has tied up with Denmark in the water sector?
- Explanation:- Gujarat Government has signed a Memorandum of Understanding -MoU with Denmark in the water sector. According to official sources, the state government arm Gujarat Water Supply and Sewerage Board has signed the MoU with ‘Danish Water Forum’ through an online interactive platform. This will help in technology exchange, training, capacity building, knowledge exchange, cooperation in water supply, wastewater treatment- reuse and water management between the two organizations
Q.17. Name the Director of Dhanlaxmi Bank who has been appointed by RBI on the board of the bank for 2 years ?
Ans. D K Kashyap
- Explanation:- Dhanlaxmi Bank established on 1927 and Headquater is
- Private sector Dhanlaxmi Bank on 29th September said the RBI has appointed its General Manager D K Kashyap on the board of the bank for two years .
Q.18. Which country has become the first to use facial verification in national ID ?
- Explanation:- Singapore is set to become the first in the world to use facial verification for national identity cards , which will allow citizens to access private and government services.
✅ NITI Aayog and Embassy of the Netherlands, New Delhi have signed a Statement of Intent (SoI) on 28 September 2020 in order to support the decarbonization and energy transition agenda to accommodate cleaner and more energy.
⭐HISTORY IMPORTANT QUESTIONS (Part – 1)⭐
1. Who betrayed Siraj-ud-Daula in the Battle of Plassey in 1757?
Ans. Mir Jafar
2. Which state has the highest production of pulses in India?
Ans. Madhya Pradesh
3. Which state in India has never had a female chief minister?
4. Who was the first woman president of the Indian National Congress?
Ans. Annie Besant
5. With whom is the term ‘suede special’ related?
6. Who was awarded the first Gandhi Peace Prize?
Ans. Julius Nyerere
7. Where is the headquarters of UNICEF located?
Ans. New York
8.Minger fair is the festival of which state?
Ans. Himachal Pradesh
9. Where is Fort William ‘, a fort built by the British?
10. What is the modern form of the ancient game called ‘Chaugan’?
Ans. Persian Polo