Click here ? Weekly current affairs quiz -13 September
Today’s current affairs in English-2020 is very helpful for your government exams . Get important daily and monthly current affairs in English quiz , one liners and gk tips and tricks and also related to your subjects which are very helpful for your examination .
Current affairs in one liner
Q.1. When is World First Aid Day celebrated?
Ans. 12 September
Q.2. Which Indian company has become the 40th most valuable company in the world?
Ans. Reliance Industries
Q.3. Which state has introduced the e-filing consumer complaint system?
Q.4. Which is the 3rd Muslim country to recognise Isreal as country ?
Q.5. UK signs first major post- Brexit trade deal signed with which country ?
Ans . Japan
Q.6. Typhoon Haishen reached Japan . This name is given by which country ?
Ans . China
Q.7. Which Union Territory topped in State’s Startup Ranking report ?
Ans. Andaman and Nicobar
Q.8. Who has been awarded the gold medal in the Bushu World Championship 2019?
Ans. Poonam Khatri
Q.9. What percentage of India’s GDP has been estimated by Moody’s in FY 2021?
Q.10. Which university has completed its 100 years on 09 September 2020?
Q.11. Which state has launched Garima scheme for sanitation workers?
Q.12. Recently, in which state YSR Asara yojana started ?
Ans. Andhra Pradesh
Q.13. Which state’s CM had launched ‘My Family , My Responsibility ‘ campaign to tackle coronavirus ?
Q.14. Sabuj Sathi scheme is related to which state ?
Ans. West Bengal
Q. 15. Who among the following has won the Women U.S. open title ?
Ans. Naomi Osaka
Q.16. Which tennis pair has won the US Open Women’s doubles title 2020 ?
Ans. Laura Siegemund and Vera Zvonareva
Q.17. Who has been on top in providing a better ecosystem to startups?
Q.18. China has announced which joint military exercises to be held in South Russia?
Ans. Caucus 2020
Q.19. Who has represented India in the 17th meeting of SCO Sanskrit Ministers?
Ans. Prahlada Singh Patel
Q.20. Which state government has tied up with UiPath for training of youth?
Ans. Andhra Pradesh
Q.21. With the help of whose cannabis drug project will be set up in Jammu for the first time?
Q.22. Thiam became the first player from which country to reach the final of US Open?
Q.23. Which IIT has developed a self-check kiosk to detect Covid-19?
Ans. IIT Guwahati
Q.24. Who has started a credit facility called ‘Cash Advance’?
Q.25. The Union Government has approved the construction of Munger Bhagalpur National Highway in which state?
Q.26. Which country’s deficit budget has reached a record 3 trillion dollars in the first 11 months?
Important points of the day
- Bahrain’s King Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa and Israel Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu .Bahrain follows UAE to normalise ties with Israel .
- Liberia declares rape a national emergency . Capital of Liberia is Monrovia and present in Africa continent and currency is Franc .
- This UK -Japan Comprehensive Economic Partnership Agreement has a great significance as now onward 99% of export to Japan will be tariff – free .
- The deal secure new path for British businesses in manufacturing , food and drink , and tech industries .
- The EU is a political and economic union comprises of 27 memeber states that are located within Europe .
- The EU works to developed an integrated signal market through a standardised system of laws. These laws apply to all member states.
- Gujarat , Andaman and Nicobar Islands best in providing strong startup ecosystem .
- Odisha CM Naveen Patnaik launches first of its kind Garima scheme for sanitation workers .Around 20,000 crore sanitisation workers and their families comprising of around one lakh people are said to benefit from the scheme.
- Andhra CM launches YSR Asra scheme to free women from debt trap . The scheme promises to deposite funds in bank accounts of eligible women .
- Maharashtra CM Uddhav Thackeray on 13th September announced that the goverment is launching ‘My Family , My Responsibility ‘ campaign to tackle coronavirus.
- After Kanyashree scheme, another West Bengal government project has received a global prize . The World Summit on the Information Society WSIS on Monday handed over the winner prize 2020 to the state goverment for Sabuj Sathi project through a virtual ceremony . The Project Started in 2015 ,bicycles are given to students of state-run , state – sponsored , aided schools and madrasas studying between classes 9 and 12 in a bid to reduce the issue of dropping out of school , especially in rural Bengal and also to ensure they continue school education till at least class 12 .
- World number nine 22yr-old Naomi Osaka of Japan defeated world number 27 Victoria Azarenka in US Open women’s singles final to clinch her second title in three years at Flushing Meadows
Important list of Campaign
- ‘Spandan’ Campaign – Chattisgarh
- ‘Charan Paduka’ Campaign- Madhya Pradesh
- ‘Pure for Sure ‘ Campaign – Rajasthan
- ‘Roko-Toko’ Campaign- Madhya Pradesh
- ‘Hamara Ghar-Hamara Vidhyalaya ‘ Campaign – Madhya Pradesh
- ‘Intzaar Aap ka ‘ Campaign – Madhya Pradesh
- ‘Ek Mask – Anek Zindagi’ Campaign – Madhya Pradesh
- ‘DIGITAL APNAYEN’ – PNB
- ‘ Gandagi Bharat Chhodo’ – Madhya Pradesh