Today’s current affairs in English-2020 is very helpful for your government exams . Get important daily and monthly current affairs in English quiz , one liners and gk tips and tricks and also related to your subjects which are very helpful for your examination .
Current affairs in one liner
Q.1. Which state’s Chief Minister has launched the Smart Ration Card Scheme?
Q.2. When is International Day of Democracy celebrated?
Ans. 15 September
Q.3. Jilin-1 Gaofan-03 is the satellite of which country ?
Ans . China
Q.4. The Union Government has banned the export of which major vegetable ?
Q.5. Who has been appointed by the Appointments Committee of the Cabinet as Executive Director of ADB?
Ans. Sameer Kumar
Q.6. Scientists have detected potential signs of extraterrestrial life on which among the following planets ?
Q.7. Which state government has launched a new scheme called Garima?
Q.8. Which nation has been elected as a member of the United Nation’s Commission on Status of Women for the period 2021-2025 ?
Ans. India and Afganistan
Q.9. Which company has TikTok named technology partner for its US operations?
Q.10. PM Narendra Modi launched seven urban infrastructure projects in which state on September 15, 2020 ?
Ans . Bihar
Q.11. To whom has the Delhi and District Cricket Association (DDCA) appointed its Lokpal?
Ans. Badar Doranz Ahmed
Q.12. Who has been appointed as the Executive Director of Asian Development Bank (ADB) ?
Ans. Sameer Kumar Khare
Q.13. The Union Cabinet has approved the establishment of new AIIMS in which city of Bihar?
Q.14. Name the author who has announced a book ‘ My Life in Design ‘ .
Ans. Gauri Khan
Q.15. Which country became the first country to have a nationwide lockdown for the second time?
Q.16. Who is named as the brand ambassador for Paytm First Games ?
Ans. Sachin Tendulkar
Q.17. What percentage of India’s GDP has been estimated by S&P Global Ratings in FY 2021?
Ans. -9 percent
Q.18. Who has been appointed executive director of the World Bank in Washington DC for three years ?
Ans. Rajesh Khullar ( Haryana IAS officer )
Q.19. Who has been re-elected as the Deputy Chairman of Rajya Sabha?
Ans. Harivansh Narayan Singh
Q.20. Which services beacme the second Indian firm to attain a market valuation of over Rs 9 lakh crore after Reliance Industries Limited ?
Ans. Tata Consultancy Services (TCS)
Impotant points of the day
- Punjab Chief Minister Launches Smart Ration Card Scheme to cover 1.41 crore beneficiaries .
- The International Day of Democracy is observed every year on September 15, with the purpose of promoting and upholding the principles of democracy. The International Day of Democracy provides an opportunity to review the state of democracy in the world and also every year in India on September 15, the birth anniversary of M Visvesvaraya is celebrated as , Engineer’s Day in 1995 , he was honored with the Bharat Ratna .
- Government of India have a released a notification banning the export of all varieties of onions. The ban has been imposed three months after the central government made changes in the Essential Commodities Act,1955.
- Detected a chemical –phosphine — in thick Venus atmosphere. Often called Earth’s twin is roughly the same mass as Earth .
- India has recently been elected as one of the members of the Commission on Status of Women (CSW) which is a body of the Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) . India will be a member for four years from 2021 to 2025 .
- Byte Dance a Chinese Comapany which owns a popular video-sharing app called TikTok in its recent merger deals choose Oracle a US-based firm .
- Interior designer , Gauri Khan has authored her first book titled ” My Life In Design ” , which will be published by Penguin Random House India in 2021 .
- Headquater of TCS is Mumbai and CEO is Rajesh Gopinathan . Its founded on 1 April 1968 .
Important list of author’s and books released in 2020
- Author- Amit Shah released a Book titled “Karmayoddha Granth” .
- Author – Pope Francis’s released a Book titled “Let Us Dream” .
- Author – Jitendra Singh released a Book titled “Gastric Cancer”.
- Author – Chetan Bhagat released a Book titled “One Arranged Murder” .
- Author- Neena Rai released a Book titled “Amazing Ayodhya” .
- Author – Ruskin Bond released a Book titled “A Song of India” .
- Author – Sheela Birnstiel released a Books titled “Nothing to lose” and “My story in my own words” .
- Author – Urjit Patel released a Book titled ” Overdraft: Saving the Indian Saver” .
- Author – National book trust , India released a Book titled “Corona Studies Series “.
- Author – Matthew Mc Choudary released a Book titled ” Greenlights ” .