Daily current affairs in English-2020 is very helpful for your government exams . Get important daily and monthly current affairs in English and quiz, one liners and gk tips and tricks and also related to your subjects which are very helpful for your examination .
Daily Current affairs – 2020
Q.1. India will develop mission Venus with which country?
- Explanation:- The French Space Agency CNES announced on September 30,2020 that it going to participate in ISRO’s Venus Mission whicj has been named SHUKRAYAAN. The mission is going to be launched in 2025 .
- “The Shukrayaan mission will study the dense and hot atmosphere of Venus .It will also study the planet’s surface using a probe ISRO have also selected The VIRAL (Venus Infrared Atmospheric Gases Linker) instrument that has been co-developed with the Russian federal space agency Roscosmos and the LATMOS atmosphere.
Q.2. When is the International Day of Older Persons celebrated?
Ans. 01 October
- Explanation:- The Intenational Day of Older Persons (IDOP) is observed on 1st October (designated in 1990 by the United Nations General Assembly )
- Theme 2020 : ” Pandemic : Do They Change How We Address Age and Ageing ” .
- On 1 October, to be the World Vegetarian Day celebrated every year . It was founded in 1977 by the North American Vegetarian Society (NAVS) and was endorsed by the International Vegetarian Union in 1978. Make a difference this October by informing others about the benefits of vegetarianism. You will be helping to create a better world because vegetarian diet have proven health benefits, save animals’ lives and help to preserve the Earth.
- Intenational Coffee Day is widely known yearly on October 1st .
- The Intenational Coffee Organization in March 2015 launched the first official coffee day in Milan . It is used to promote and celebrate coffee as a beverage, with events now occurring in places across the world .This day is also used to promote fair trade coffee and to raise awareness for the coffee growers. On this day, many businesses offer free or discounted cups of coffee.
Q.3. Which country has banned cow slaughter and plans to import beef ?
- Explanation:- Srilanka is a Buddhists majority country, and most Buddhists do not consume beef as they consider cows to be scared .
- Muslims, Christians and some Hindus do consume beef in Srilanka, for whom arrangements are being made to import the meat .
Q.4. ‘Zombie Fire’ can be seen in which area ?
- Explanation:- According to a new study , the fire regimes in the Artic are changing rapidly , with ‘Zombie fire’ becoming more frequent in addition to fire occurring in the once-frozen .
- A Zombie fire is a fire from a previous growing season . It can smolder (burn slowly with smoke and no flame) under the ground that is made that is made of carbon rich peat.
- Arctic is mainly found near the polar zones and regions with high mountains covering parts of Greenland , Alaska, Russia , Northern Canada , Siberia and Scandinavia.
Q.5 Which scheme has completed 6 years to be celebrated Gandhi Jayanti?
Ans. Swachh Bharat Mission
- Explanation:- MOHUA (Ministery of Housing and Urban Affairs) celebrated six years of Swachh Bharat Mission- Urban on Gandhi Jayanti. MOHUA is celebrating the 6th anniversary of Swachh Bharat Mission-Urban (SBM-U) by organising a webinar titled ‘Swachhata ke 6 Saal , Bemisaal’ on October 2,2020 .
- The mission was launched from Rajghat on October 2, 2014 to achieve the aim of “Clean India” by October 2, 2019.
Q.6. Which state has become the first state to undertake 1 crore COVID tests ?
Ans. Uttar Pradesh
- Explanation:- In UP recently launched-
- ‘U-Rise’ – Unified Re-imagined
- ‘Mission Vriksharopan-2020’
- Atma Nirbhar Uttar Pradesh Rojgar Abhiyan
- Herbal Mission
- Vulture center
- Textile park – Barely
- Film city- Noida
- Transgender University to come up in UP
- Team 11
Q.7. Which state has launched the web portal Dharni for integrated land records management?
- Explanation:-The chief minister of Telangana K Chandrasekhar Rao will launch a web portal named “Dharani”. Dharani, an online portal which is a single platform for accessing all records related to lands in the State, will be launched on Vijayadasami day. The launch of the portal, developed by National Informatics Centre.
- The registration on the portal will begin on the same day i.e. October 26, 2020.
Q.8. First VVIP aircraft ‘Air India One’ for PM , President, Vice president arrives . It is made by which country?
- Explanation:- The first of the two VVIP aircraft Air India One for President, Vice President and Prime Minister arrived in India on October 1, 2020 .
- In this aircraft will enable availing audio and video communication functions mid-air without any worries of hacking or being trapped.
- The VVIP aircraft B-777 will replace wide-body aircraft Boeing B-747 jumbo whose call sign is Air India One .
Q.9. In which year ISRO has announced its ‘Venus Mission’?
Q.10. Which state government has announced a 25% reduction in school fees?
- Explanation:- Gujarat Government has announced 25 percent cut in school fees for the current academic year.
- There will be a 100 percent fee waiver on all other activities including transportation, sports, library and computer.
- About Gujarat –
- Capital – Gandhinagar
- Chief Minister- Vijay Rupani
- Governor- Acharya Devvrat
- State formed on – 1 May 1960
- Literacy Rate – 79.31%
- National Park- Vansda NO, Blackbuck NP, Gir Forest NP , Marine NP , Gulf of Kutch
- Important of points of Gujarat – Utkarsh Scheme
- Dhanvantri Rath scheme
- Thol Lake ‘Teaser Gun ‘
- Export list Gujarat on top
- Sujalam Sufalam scheme
- Sardar Sarovar Dam
- Honest testing lab
Q.11. Which bank has launched the IB-eNote Green Tech initiative?
Ans. Indian Bank
- Explanation:- has launched a green initiative named to enable a total paperless working environment. This tool enables processing and tracking of notes put up by various offices digitally. The bank for this initiative has customised SharePoint, one of the features of Microsoft Office. The Bank also launched an e-learning platform for its employees.
Q.12. Which company has launched “Make Small Strong” campaign in India to help support small business?
- Explanation:- Google Indian on September 30, 2020 announced the launch of its nationwide campaign “Make Small Strong” in order to help support small businesses and drive demand through customer support.
- The citizens can help small businesses by buying locally, leaving reviews and ratings and by promoting their favourite retailers on social media .
Q.13. Which bank has partnered with BSE to empower small companies?
Ans. Yes Bank
- Explanation:- The BSE has signed an MoU with YES BANK to empower the SME segment through awareness and knowledge-sharing programmes by the two entities. BSE and YES BANK will conduct knowledge events for SMEs, export promotion of SME scale companies, in addition to providing banking and financial solutions .
Q.14. Who has been appointed as brand ambassador of Bengal Peerless Housing Development Company Limited?
Ans. Sourav Ganguly
- Explanation:- Kolkata based Real Estate Developer, appointed Former National Cricket Team Captain and Current President of Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI), as it’s Brand Ambassador. He will lead the campaign of Bengal Peerless’s Residential Project
Q.14. Who has launched the new logo of Sports Authority of India( SAI)?
Ans. Kiren Rijiju
- Explanation:-SAI formed in 1982
- Director General- Sandip Pradhan
Q.15. Who has appointed Bandhan Bank as the bank’s digital head ?
Ans. Rahul Parikh
- Explanation:- Headquarters of Bandhan Bank- Kolkata
- CEO – Chandra Shekhar Ghosh
- Founder- Chandra Shekhar Ghosh
- Founded – 2001
- Chair person – Anup Kumar Sinha
Q.16. In which state has the facility of identification of fertilizer at home for farmers been introduced?
Ans. Andra Pradesh
- Explanation:-Union Minister for Chemicals & Fertilizers D.V. Sadananda Gowda has launched home Delivery facility of fertilizers for farmers in Andhra Pradesh, based on a digitisation of fertiliser purchase and subsidy process.
Some interesting information that you are always asked in the exam
☑ ☑ ☑ ☑ ☑ ☑ ☑☑️
1. In which state is the ‘Valley of Flowers’ located?
2. In what form is the flag of Nepal?
Ans: Double Triangle
3. The name of Rehan and Richa Mishra of India is associated with which sport?
4. Who is the author of the book ‘Mai Best Games of Chase’?
Ans: Vishwanathan Anand
5. Asafa Powell is named by which sport?
6. What is the number of players on one side in water polo?
Ans – 7
7. Asian games started, when and where ?
Ans: On 4 March 1951 AD in New Delhi
8. Which category is called the ‘Spine of Tibet’?
Ans: Karakoram Range
9. Which Union Territory is famous as ‘Samudraputra’?
10. What is the device that enlarges and enlarges the map?
11. Tarpin oil is found from which tree?
12. Where is India’s largest oil refinery factory located?
13. Which are the major mountain peaks of Tamil Nadu?
14. Where was the football game born ?
15. Who was the author of the book ‘Kapal Kundala’?
Ans: Bankim Chandra Chatterjee