Click here ? Weekly current affairs quiz -20 September
Daily current affairs in English-2020 is very helpful for your government exams . Get important daily and monthly current affairs in English quiz , one liners and gk tips and tricks and also related to your subjects which are very helpful for your examination .
Current affairs in one liner
Q.1. Which state has became the first state to unveil ethical AI blockchain,cybersecurity policies in country ?
Ans. Tamil Nadu
- Explanation:- Tamil Nadu becomes first state to unveil ethical AI, blockchain , cybersecurity policies in country . The project will be implemented by establishing and leveraging the State Family Data Base (SFDB) and Block-Chain Backbone infrastrucutre.
Q.2. Which state government has approved the State Teacher Award Policy 2020?
Q.3. Amazon India sets up all-women delivery station in which state ?
Q.4. Which state has announced a special police unit to counter the Naxalites?
Q.5.Which Bank has introduced lead management system (LMS) I-Lead2.0 ( Inspiring Leads System version 2.0 ) to boost customer services ?
- Explanation:- Canara Bank Limited is one of the largest public sector banks owned by the Government of India. It is headquartered in Bengaluru. It was established at Mangalore in 1906 by Ammembal Subba Rao Pai and later the government nationalized the bank in 1969. The bank also has offices abroad in London, Hong Kong, Moscow, Shanghai, Dubai, Tanzania and New York. As per the announcement made by the Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman on 30 August 2019, Manipal based Syndicate Bank merged with Canara bank on 1 April 2020, making it the fourth largest bank in the country .
- Canara Bank introduces i-Lead 2.0 to boost customer services. The system has been launched to provide its services to customers irrespective of where they reside
Q.6. Which state has given ambulance status to vehicles carrying medical oxygen?
Q.7. Who is the head of the Expert Committee formed by Government to probe reports of snooping by Chinese firm ?
Ans. Rajesh Pant
Q.8. Which state’s skill development corporation has partnered with Corsera during the COVID-19 crisis?
Ans. Tamil Nadu
Q.9. Which country has Banned Chinese Apps TikTok and WeChat ?
Q.10. Which bank has started the new gold loan scheme development implementation Suvarna?
Ans. Development Rural Bank
Q.11. Which day is celebrated as International Coastal Clean-Up Day ?
Ans. 19 September
Q.12. Which country has declared national emergency due to rape?
Q.13. ‘A Promised Land’ the presidential memoir is written by whom ?
Ans. Barack Obama
Q.14. Who set up Taskforce on vegetarian food?
Q.15. When will be inaugurated Vaishwik Bharatiya Vaigyanik (VAIBHAV) ?
Ans. 2nd October 2020
Q.16. Which financial institution has signed a $ 15 million loan agreement with Suguna Foods?
Q.17. Who is new chief of National Technical Research Organization (NTRO) ?
Ans. Anil Dhasmana
Q.18. The central government has banned the export of all varieties of which vegetable?
Q.19. Who become brand ambassador for Toyota Urban Cruiser ?
Ans. Ayshman Khurana
Q.20. 1350 crore relief package has been announced for which union territory?
Ans. Jammu Kashmir
Q.21 When was celebrated International Day of Peace (United Nations) ?
Ans. 21 September
Important points of the day
- Tamil Nadu becomes first state to unveil ethical AI, blockchain , cybersecurity policies in country . The project will be implemented by establishing and leveraging the State Family Data Base (SFDB) and Block-Chain Backbone infrastrucutre.
- The expert committee , led by Lt Gen (retd) Rajesh Pant, India’s chief coordinator on cyber security, will evaluate the “implications ” of the digital surveillance by Data Information Technology Co. Limited and assess any violations of law and submit its recommendations within thirty days .
- Haryana government approves new policy to award teachers for their work . The teachers will be given these awards under two categories the first category includes principal, headmaster of high school and PGT teachers in all subjects, while in the second category, primary teacher , head teacher, C&V and TGT teacher of all subjects and elementary school headmaster ( middle head ) .
- The International Coastal Clean-Up Day is celebrated on the third Saturday of the month of September . The International Coastal Clean -Up Day encourage people to clean beaches and remove garbage plaguing the beach. Theme – Achieving a Trash free coatline .
- International Equal Pay Day is observed on 18 September every year . The day aims to highlight the importance of achieving equal pay for work of equal value. International Equal Pay Day is observed for the first time in 2020 under an initiative by the United Nations.
- A Promised Land is a forthcoming memoir by Barack Obama . It is due to be published on November 17,2020 . The book concludes with the events of the killing of Osama bin Laden in 2011.
- VAIBHAV Summit will be inaugurated on 2nd October 2020 -the birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi . It will be followed by online month-long deliberation sessions among researchers. To create an ecosystem of Knowledge and Innovation in the country through global outreach.
- Veteran Rabindra Sangeet exponent Purba Dam died at her residence in the city on 19 September, family sources said . She was 85 .
- John Turner : Former Canadian prime Minister dies at 91 .
- NTRO, India’s technical body that is responsible for geospatial intelligence and satellite imagery . NTRO is spy agency that keeps an eye from the sky .
- Megha Majumdar’s ‘A Burning ‘ nominated for National Book Award.
- The, sometimes also known as , is a United Nations-sanctioned holiday observed annually on 21 September. It is dedicated to world peace, and specifically the absence of war and violence, such as might be occasioned by temporary ceasefire in a combat zone for humanitarian aid access. The day was first celebrated in 1981, and is kept by many nations, political groups, military groups, and people. In 2013 the day was dedicated by the Secretary-General of the United Nations to peace education, the key preventive means to reduce war sustainably.
- Theme of International Day of Peace : Shaping Peace Together .
- The international Day of Non-Violence is observed on 2nd October, the brithday of Mahatma Gandhi .