Click here ? Weekly current affairs quiz -20 September
Daily current affairs in English-2020 is very helpful for your government exams . Get important daily and monthly current affairs in English quiz , one liners and gk tips and tricks and also related to your subjects which are very helpful for your examination .
Current affairs in one liner
Q.1. Which nation has decided to resume its passengr railway service after a 7-year suspension ?
Q.2. When is World Alzheimer’s Day celebrated?
Ans. 21 September
Q.3. PM Modi to hold e- Summit with which country ?
Q.4. Who has inaugurated the visitor conference on the implementation of the National Education Policy 2020?
Ans. Ramnath Kovind
Q.5. Which TV series won the Emmy award in the Outstanding Drama Series category ?
- Explanation:- The family saga series Succession won the Emmy Award 2020 in the Outstanding Drama Series category . The show took home a total of five awards at the 72nd Emmy Awards.
Q.6. In which state Prime Minister Modi has inaugurated the Kosi Rail Mega Bridge?
Q.7. Which women Navy officer is going to be posted on Indian warship to fly helicopters , in first in the history of the Indian Navy ?
Ans. Kumudini Tyagi and Riti Singh
Q.8. Norton Coalfields Limited has given a grant of Rs. 05 crore to which state?
Ans. Uttar Pradesh
Q.9. Which Bank has started “Mahila Atmanirbharshil Aachani ” (Women Self-Reliance programme) in Assam ?
Q.10. Which state has decided to give cows to families with malnourished children?
Ans. Uttar Pradesh
Q.11. Who is India’s Second PM to Win an Ig Nobal Prize ?
Ans. Narendra Modi
Q.12. Which bank has established a new vertical called Emerging Entrepreneur Business?
Ans. Bandhan Bank
Q.13. Who has been appointed a member of the Asian Football Confederation’s task force ?
Ans. Colonel Dr. Girija Mungali
Q.14. Which cricketer has announced the setting up of a cricket academy in Jammu and Kashmir?
Ans. Suresh Raina
Q.15. Which country has provided soft loan of $ 250 million to India?
Q.16. In which year was Jharkhand seperated from Bihar ?
Ans . 2000
Q.17. In which city will the country’s largest film city be established?
Q. 18. In which district is the Vikramshilla Gangetic Dolphin Sanctuary located ?
Q.19. Who has become the new head of NTRO?
Ans. Anil Dhasmana
Q.20. PM Modi launches “Ghar Tak Fibre” scheme in which state ?
Important points of the Day
- After a 7-year suspension as two sets of rails that Kathmandu purchased from India have arrived in Janakpur city .
- India launches first ever cargo ferry with Maldives : Milestone in India Ocean connectivity initiatives .
- World Alzheimer’s Day is headquater in London
- PM Modi to hold e- Summit with Sri Lanka . Prime Minister Narendra Modi will conduct his first virtual Summit with the Srilankan Prime Minister Mahindra Rajapaksa . Capital of Srilanka is Colombo , Sri Jayawardenepura Kotte and currency is Sri Lankan rupee.
- The family saga series Succession won the Emmy Award 2020 in the Outstanding Drama Series category . The show took home a total of five awards at the 72nd Emmy Awards.
- In a historic first, two women officers have been selected to join as ” observers” (Airborne Tacticians ) in the helicopter stream of the Indian Navy . The two women officers who will create history in the Indian Naval Aviation include -Sub Lieutenant (SLt) Kumudini Tyagi and SLt Riti Singh.
- SBI to create a strong boinding with the Self Help Group (SHG) member,for self-reliance and economic upliftment of SHG members.Chairperson of SBI – Rajnish Kumar , Headquater is Mumabi and Tagline of SBI – With you all the way. MD of SBI – Mahesh Kumar.
- Ig (Ignobel) is presented by Nobel laureates at a ceremony in Harvard University . Ig award is given for work in medical field .
- PM Modi lays foundation stone of 9 highway projects , launches Ghar tak fibre scheme in poll – bound Bihar . In Bihar the Highway projects are to construct 350km of road . These road projects will improve movement of people with Jharkhand and Uttar Pradesh . The Gol is currently planning to make “Digital Village” all over the country .
- The scheme aims to provide optical fiber enable internet connection to every home in the country , concentrating on village and rural areas . Wi-Fi Choupal is an initiative to provide high speed internet connectivity to rural India. It ensure digital connectivity using Bharat Net.
- Governer of Bihar is Faagu Chauhan and CM is Nitish Kumar .
- The Asian Football Confederation’s task force consists of 7 members . The force aims to regulate football clubs in Asia and Australia.
- “Swachhata Pakhwara” is being observed all over Indian Railways . ‘Swachhata Pakhwara’ is being observed all over Indian Railways from 16th to 30th Septemeber 2020 . To create awareness for keeping the railway premises clean and safe including Covid-19 released precautions and wwebinars are also being organized.
- Nasha Mukt Bharat Abhiyan launched in 272 districts to promote peer led community – based outreach programs focusing on highest population . This predominantly targets the youth of the country .