Click here ? Weekly current affairs quiz -20 September
Daily current affairs in English-2020 is very helpful for your government exams . Get important daily and monthly current affairs in English quiz , one liners and gk tips and tricks and also related to your subjects which are very helpful for your examination .
Current affairs in one liner
Q.1. O-SMART Scheme is launched by which ministry?
Ans. Mo Earth Sciences
Q.2. Which country’s Prime Minister Leo Varadkar has resigned from his post?
Q.3. USA has imposed sanctions on which country?
Q.4. India based Neutrino Observatory will be set up in which state ?
Ans. Tamil Nadu
Q.5. Which country has the FATF decided to maintain in the gray list?
Q.6. African elephant comes under which IUCN list ( International Union for Conservation of Nature ) ?
Q.7. Where is an exhibition on ancient food of India being organized?
Ans. New Delhi
Q.8. One-Horned Rhinoceros found in which state in India ?
Ans. Assam, Uttar Pradesh and West Bengal
- Explanation:- Union Minister Prakash javadekar said India is home to the largest number of Greater One-Horned Rhinoceros in the world with a population of about 3000 animals in Assam, West Bengal and Uttar Pradesh . Total Rhinoceros have 5 category in world i.e. Javan Rhino(Indonesia), The Sumatran Rhino(Indonesia), Greater One-Horned Rhino(India) , Black Rhino(Africa) , White Rhino (Africa).
- World Rhino Day celebrated in 22 September. And theme in 2020 is ‘five Rhino species forever‘ . The World Rhinoceros Day was announced by the World Wildlife Fund (WWF) in 2010 .
Q.9. Where did the Khelo India University Games begin?
Q.10. Which Aviation company will launch World’s first Commercial Hydrogen aircraft by 2035 ?
Q.11. Who has laid the foundation stone of Army Building in New Delhi?
Ans. Rajnath Singh
Q.12. Which state has launched ‘e-peek pahani’ app to benefit farmers ?
Q.13. Which medal has Sakshi Malik won at the Asian Wrestling Championship?
Ans. Silver medal
Q.14. Who won the Men’s Singles title in the Italian Open?
Ans. Novak Djokovic
Q.15. Which state has announced to start a radio station for prison inmates?
Ans. West Bengal
Q.16. Who won the Women’s Singles title in the Italian Open ?
Ans. Simona Halep
Q.17. Which country has celebrated Martyr’s Day in memory of the martyrs of the language movement?
Q.18. Legendary Mountaineer Ang Rita Sherpa has passed away recently. From which country she belonged to ?
Q.19. Who has been appointed the new advisor to Prime Minister Modi?
Ans. Amarjeet Sinha and Bhaskar Khulbe
Q.20. Sarbveer Singh has been appointed as the new CEO of which company?
Ans. Policy market
Important points of the day
- The Ocean Services, Modeling, Application, Resources and Technology (O-SMART) Scheme was approved by the Union Cabinet in August 2018 and is implemented by the Ministry of Earth Sciences. It aims at stepping up ocean research and setting up early warning weather systems.
- Indian Tsunami early warning centre is providing Tsunami services to 25 Indian Ocean countries and in India this centre under in Dr Harsh Vardhan .
- Indian Early Warning System established in Hyderabad. Its promote the ‘Blue economy ‘ . It also cover Ballast water problems in water.
- U.S. Presidant Donald Trump’s administration is imposing new sanctions and export control measures on 27 entities and individuals connected to Iran’s nuclear weapons program.
- Under the JCPOA , the five permanent U.N. Security Council members, plus Germany, agreed with Iran . Currency of Iran is Tehran .
- An India based Neutrino Observatory (INO) is going to be set up in Bodi West Hills , in Theni district, Tamil Nadu . This observation will tell us more about the properties of neutrino particles, whose main source is the Sun and Earth’s atmosphere.
- Neutrino are subatomic fundamental particles, with no charge and little or zero mass that interacts only via the weak subatomic force and gravity. Neutrino are created by various radioactive deacys; during a supernova , by cosmic rays striking atoms etc.
- Destination North East 2020 : The Union Minister, has unveiled the for festival (The Emerging Delightful Destinations) through a video conference. The four-day event is to be formally inaugurated by Home Minister Amit Shah on September 27, 2020 and aim is to bring the rest of India closer to India .
- Neuro-toxins in water produced by cyanobacterial killed more than 300 African elephants in the Okavango delta region , Botswana ( country in Southern Africa ).
- Cyanobacteria is called blue-green algae ,are microscopic organisms found naturally in soils and all types of water . These are single-celled organisms (bacteria) live in fresh , brackish ( combined salt and freshwater ) , and marine water .
- Airbus is planning to launch World’s first Commercial Hydrogen aircraft by 2035. The aviation company launched three concepts for the first zero-emission commercial aircraft on September 21,2020 . It can accommodate 120 to 200 passengers and can fly at a range of 2000 nautical miles. Airbus is a European Comapany its headquarter is Netherland and CEO is Guillaume faury.
- Maharashtra government’s e-peek pahani mobile application will reduce hardships of farmers and help them get the right price and good market for their produce .
- World no. one Novak Djokovic won his record 36th Masters Title by winning the men’s singles title in the Italian Open . The Serbian player defeated Diego Schwartzman .
- Nepal -based Ang Rita Sherpa, the first man to climb Mount Everest 10 times, passed away . He made all the ascents to the world’s tallest mountain between 1983 and 1996 and that too without bottle oxygen. He was therefore also known as the “snow leopard ” for his climbing skills.
- Feluda test for Covid-19 approved by India . Feluda is the acronym for FNCAS9 Editor linked uniform detection assay .
- It is an accurate and low – cost paper – based test strip to detect Covid-19 in less than 30 minutes. Feluda test developed by Council of Scientific Industrial Research with Tata .
- Indian Army organises annual ‘Shikara Race‘ in Srinagar . Aim behind the race was to promote tourism in the newly formed Union Territory.