Click here ? Weekly current affairs quiz -20 September
Daily current affairs in English-2020 is very helpful for your government exams . Get important daily and monthly current affairs in English quiz , one liners and gk tips and tricks and also related to your subjects which are very helpful for your examination .
Current affairs in one liner
Q.1. Name the High -speed Expendable Aerial Target (HEAT) whose flight testing has been successfully conducted from Odisha test range ?
- Explanation:- Defence Research and Development Organistion (DRDO) conducted successfully flight-tests of the indigenously-designed ABHYAS High-speed Expendable Aerial Target(HEAT) in Balasore (Odisha).
- Two demonstration vehicles of ABHYAS cleared all the evaluation parameters like 5km flying altitude, vehicle speed of 0.5 mach (half the speed of sound) , endurance of 30 minutes etc. As a target for evaluation of various Missile systems . The covering of ABHYAS drone is Alluminium and Steel (Allow) and regulate though computer (GPS system) and its have no pilot (Autopilot) and its made in India .
Q.2. When is International Sign Language Day celebrated?
Ans. 23 September
- Explanation:- 23 September is marked as the International Day of Sign Languages by the United Nations. The day is being celebrated since 2018 . Theme in 2020 – Sign Language are for Everyone .
Q.3. Who has been appointed as the interim president of Mali ?
Ans . Bah Ndaw
Explanation:- Mali’s former defence minister , Bah Ndaw . Colonel Assimi Goita, leader of the National Committee for the Salvation of the people (CNSP) which overthrew Mali’s President Ibrahim Boubacar Keita , was appointed vice president. Location of Mali in Western Africa and currency is Eco and capital is Bamako .
Q.4. Who presided over Arogyamanthan 2.0?
Ans. Dr. Harshvardhan Singh
Q.5. Which state government has announced ‘ Mukhya Mantri Kisan Kalyan Yojana ?
Ans. Madhya Pradesh
Explanation:- MP government has anounced ‘ Mukhya Mantri Kisan Kalyan Yojana’ on the line of Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi . Under the announced scheme, the beneficiaries of Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi , getting Rs. 6,000 per annum, will bee getting additional financial asistance of Rs. 10,000 per annum .
- Campaign launched by MP’s Government –
- Chief Minister COVID-19 Yoddha Kalyan Yojana
- Yuva Swabhiman Yojana .
- Sambal Yojana/ Jeevan Shakti Yojana / Jeevan Amrit Yojana
- ‘Intzaar Aap Ka’ campaign
- ‘FIR Apka Dwar’ / Karmaveer Medal
- Mukhyamantri Shahri Path Vyavsayi Utthan Yojana
- Thank Mom / Nishtha Vidyut Mitra Scheme/ ” Kill Corons ” campaign
- Roko Toko Campaign
- 750 MW REWA Solar power plant
- ‘Hamara Ghar-Hamara Vidhyalaya ‘ campaign
- Rozgar Setu / Charan Paduka / Top Parent App
Q.6. Which state was the first “biomedical park” has the installation been announced?
Q.7. India is conducting two-day mega exercise in the Indian Ocean with which nation?
- Explanation:- Navies of India and Australia will be carrying out a two-day mega exercise in the Indian Ocean starting from September23,2020. The Indian Navy (IN) has commenced a Passage Exercise (PASSEX) with Royal Australian Navy (RAN) in the East Indian Ocean Region . The exercise would involve participation of HMAS Hobart from th Australi side and Indian Naval Ship Sahyadriand Karmuk .
Q.8. Who has appointed as Regional Ambassador for India by United Nations ?
Ans. Khushi Chindaliya
- Explanation:- About environmental conservation and determined to spread awareness about its safeguard, a 17-year-old girl from Surat has been appointed as Regional Ambassador for India by the United Nations Environment Programme – Tunza Eco-Generation. The newly appointed ambassador, Khushi Chindaliya, says that she started to look for ways to conserve nature after she saw the greenery around her hometown turn into a concrete jungle .
Q.9. When is International Day for the Total Elimination Of Nuclear Weapons observed ?
Ans. 26 September
- Explanation:- The Intenational Day for the Total Elimination of Nuclear Weapons is observed every year on September 26 . The day aims to raise public awareness and seek deeper engagement on nuclear disarmament matters .
Q.10. DGP Gupteshwar Pandey of which state has taken voluntary retirement with immediate effect?
Q.11. Who has won the “Brookwater Golf Club Women’s Championship”?
Ans. Ashley Barty
Q.12. KKR (Kohlberg Kravis Roberts ) has invested Rs,5,550 crore in Reliance Retail Ventures for ________equity .
- Explanation:-Global investment Firm KKR(American company ) will be investing Rs. 5,550 crore into Reliance Retail Ventures Limited (RRVL) for a 1.28% equity stake on a fully diluted basis . This is the second major investment in Reliance Retail in the past month. Earlier, American private equity player Silver Lake invested Rs. 7,500cr into Reliance Retail Ventures to buy a 1.75% Stake.
Q.13. The world’s longest highway tunnel above 10,000ft named as Atal tunnel is how much long ?
Ans. 9.02 km
- Explanation:- The old name of Atal tunnel was Rohtang tunnel and it present in Himalaya .
Q.14. Which state has announced a relief package of Rs 3700 crore for farmers?
Q.15. Who has been appointed as advisor to International Monetary Fund (IMF) Executive Director ?
Ans. Simanchala Dash
- Explanation:- The Appointments Committee of Cabinet has approved the proposal to appoint Simanchala Dash as an advisor to Executive Director , Intenational Monetry Fund (IMF) in Washington. He has been appointed for a period of three years.
Q.16. Where is the City Forest “Anand One” inaugurated?
- Explanation:-Chief minister of Uttarakhand is Trivendra Singh Rawat along with the Forest and Wildlife minister Harak Singh Rawat inaugurated the city forest ‘Anand Van’ developed by forest department in Jhajhra Forest range on the outskirts of Dehradun .
Q.17. Who wrote book ‘Kitchens of Gratitude ‘?
Ans. Vikas Khanna
Q.18. Which state’s Chief Minister has announced to launch “Chief Minister Farmers Welfare Scheme”?
Ans. Madhya Pradesh
Q.19. Which of the following country hosted 3rd Meeting of BRICS working Group on Ocean & Polar Science & technology on 23 September 2020 ?
Q.20. When is World Rose Day celebrated every year?
Ans. 22 September
Important points of the day
- Government has launched YuWaah – a multi-stakeholder platform to make young people career ready. The Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sport and United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) had signed a ‘Statement of Intent’ to establish Generation Unlimited in India (YuWaah) . Its provide guidance, support and related to eduction field .
- Voices of Dissent book wrote by Romila Thappar .
- Pofessional tennis player , former cricketer Ashleigh Barty wins Golf Championship. She 24- year old and belong from Australia .
Important International points
⭐ Important points – Cargo Ferry Service
➡️ Recently, direct cargo ferry service has been introduced for the first time to promote foreign trade between India and Maldives.
➡️ Cargo Ferry service will connect Tuticorin and Cochin ports of India with Kuldhuhufushi and Male ports of Maldives.
➡️This initiative will help in cutting costs and reducing the time taken in transportation .
➡️Cargo Ferry Vessel MCP links operated by Shipping Corporation of India (SCI) will be used to connect these ports.
✅ Maldives – . Malé is the capital of Maldives and the most populated city, traditionally called the “King’s Island” where the ancient royal dynasties ruled for its central location .
✔️Government – Unitary Presidential Republic
✔️ Legislature – People’s Majlis
✔️Area – 298 km2
✔️ Currency – Maldivian rufiyaa