Click here – Weekly current affairs quiz -20 September
Daily Current Affairs in English-2020 is very helpful for your government exams . Get important daily and monthly current affairs in English quiz , one liners and gk tips and tricks and also related to your subjects which are very helpful for your examination .
Daily Current Affairs 25 September 2020
Q.1. When is World Maritime Day celebrated?
Ans. 24 September
- Explanation:- World Maritime Day is celebrated by the International Maritime Organization (IMO) and other international organisation on September 24 . Theme in 2020 – Sustainable Shipping for a Sustainable Planet . In india celebrates its Maritime Day on April 5 ever year .
Q.2 Which country is the part of G4 ?
Ans. India, Brazil, Japan and Germany
- Explanation:- G4 countries demand urgency in reform of the UN Security Council .
- The foreign ministers of the G4 countries held a virtual meeting coinciding with the 75th session of the UN General Assembly during which they held extension discussion on the need for urgent reform of the UNSC .
- They expressed their concern over lack of any “meaningful” forward movement on long-pending reform of Council and demanded “urgency” on the issue .
Q.3. In which city of Rajasthan has the “No Mask No Service” campaign started?
Q.4. Who has been selected as the first woman fighter pilot to fly Rafale aircraft ?
Ans. Shivangi Singh
- Explanation:- Flight Lieutenant Shivangi Singh from Varanasi is all set to become a first woman fighter pilot to fly Rafale aircraft. She is currently undergoing conversion training to fly the Rafale jet and will soon be joining the Ambala based No. 17 squadron , which is also known as “Golden arrows” .
Q.5. Which state government has approved the “Moksha Kalash Scheme 2020” for special free bus service ?
- Explanation:- The Ashok Gehloted Rajasthan government has announced that the special free bus service, for people to go for immersion of ashes from Rajasthan to Uttarakhand (Haridwar) . As per the Gehlot government’s free bus service, two people will be able to accompany .
Q.6. When has the Central Pollution Control Board celebrated its 46th Foundation Day?
Ans. 23 September
Q.7. Which nation will co-host Global Climate Summit in December along with the United Nations ?
Ans. United Kingdom (UK)
- Explanation:- The United Nations is to hold the Global Climate Summit on December 12, 2020 and Britain is to co-host the summit. The summit is to increase momentum ahead of UNFCCC (United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change ) COP 26 (Conference of Parties) that is to be held in November 21 .
- Green Climate Fund was established under the framework of UNFCCC . The main objective of the fund is to support project program policies and activities in developing countries.
Q.8. With which country India has begun joint security petrol along border in Kapilvastu ?
- Explanation:- The local administration said security along the sealed border has been heightened in light of possible illegal cross-border movement and smuggling.
- Joint security petrol of Nepal police and Armed police force of Nepal and Seema Suraksha Bal of India has begun from 26th September.
Q.9. International Film Festival of India will held in which state ?
- Explanation:- The 51st Edition of the International Film Festival of India, IFFI will be held from 16th to 24th January, next year in Goa .
Q.10. Prithvi short-range ballistic missile test fired from which state ?
Q.11. Which state’s Chief Minister has inaugurated the E-Challan system?
Q.12. Mukhyamantri Grammya Paribahan Achoni scheme launched in which state ?
Q.13. Which Digital Payment App has announced token issuance?
Ans. Google Pay
Q.14. What is the rank of India in World Risk Index 2020 ?
- Explanation:- According to the World Risk Index (WRI) 2020, India is ‘poorly prepared’ to deal with ‘climate reality’ . It is part of the World Risk Report 2020 released by the United Nations University Institute for Environment and Human Security (UNU-EHS), Bundnis Entwicklung Hilft and the University of Stuttgart in Germany.
- Among continents, Oceania is at the highest risk , followed by Africa and the America .
Q.15. Which bank has announced the introduction of the Safe Pey facility?
Ans. IDFC First Bank
- Explanation:- Safepay! Contactless debit card transaction facility from IDFC First Bank .
Q.16. Former cricketer and renowned commentator Dean Jones has passed away . From which country he belonged ?
Q.17. Which state has passed a bill to establish a National Defense University?
- Explanation:- Health Minister Dr. Harsh Vardhan has said that India has accorded high priority for ending tuberculosis TB by 2025 , five years ahead of the Sustainable Development Goals.
Q.18. Aarti Saha is related to which sports ?
Q.19. Who was brand ambassador of IDFC First Bank ?
Ans. Amitabh Bachchan
Q.20. Who has become the brand ambassador of Acer India?
Ans. Sonu Sood
Q.21. Who appointed new administrator of PMC Bank by RBI ?
Ans. AK Dixit
Q.22. Which Indian swimmer has dedicated a doodle on the 80th anniversary of which Indian swimmer?
Ans. Aarti Saha
- Explanation:- Aarati Saha (24 September 1940 – 23 August 1994) was an Indian Bengali long-distance swimmer, best known for becoming the first Asian woman to swim across the English Channel on 29 September 1959. In 1960, she became the first Indian sportswoman to be awarded the Padma Shri, the fourth highest civilian honour in India. Born in Kolkata, India, Arati had been introduced to swimming at the early age of four .
- Google dedicated doodle 80th birth Anniversary of Aarti saha .