Daily Current Affairs 26 september 2020 is very helpful for your government exams . Get important daily and monthly current affairs in English quiz , one liners and gk tips and tricks and also related to your subjects which are very helpful for your examination .
Daily Current affairs in english
Q.1. Which company has stopped the manufacturing of vehicles in India ?
Q.2. When is World Pharmacist Day celebrated?
Ans. 25 September
- Explanation:- World Pharmacists Day was an initiative of the International Pharmaceutical Federation (FIP) along with the council of this organization who voted to establish the event in the late 2000s during a conference held in Istanbul, Turkey. The purpose of the day is to draw attention to pharmacies and the positive benefits they offer when it comes to health and FIP encourages all its members to participate to make the event a success.
- Theme 2020 – “Transforming global health”.
- To create awareness about the role of a phrmacist in improving health.
Q.3. Where is the headquarter of South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC)?
- Explanation:- Recently, the Foreign Ministers’ meetings of the South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC) and the Conference on Interaction and Confidence-Building Measures in Asia (CICA) took place in a virtual manner .
- The South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC) Charter in Dhaka on 8 December 1985. Afganistan became the newest member of SAARC at the 13th annual summit 2005. The Headquaters and Secretariat of the Association are at Kathmandu, Nepal.
Q.4. Unique tram library has been started?
Explanation :- Bibliophiles in Kolkata have a unique new place for reading that is an amalgamation of heritage and literature. In a first, The initiative has been launched by state’s West Bengal Transport Corporation (WBTC) that operates trams all over the city. This tram will be moving between Shyambazar and Esplanade, traversing 4.5 km on the famous College Street .
Q.5 Which country’s president has appointed Mohamed Hussein Roble as the new prime minister?
- Explanation:- Somalia President Mohamed Farmaajo appointed Mohamed Hussein Roble as the country’s new prime minister on 22 September,
- He will replace former Prime Minister Hassan Ali Khayre, who was voted out of office by Parliament in July . Capital of Somalia Mogadishu and currency is Somali shilling .
Q.6. Which state government has launched the Chief Minister Samagra Gramya Unnayan Yojana (CMSGUY) ?
- Explanation:- Chief Minister Samagra Gramya Unnayan Yojana (CMSGUY) is a new scheme announced by the Assam Government for the development of the villages in the state. The scheme will be implemented in a mega mission mode in all villages of the Assam in the next five years culminating in 2021-22. This village development scheme was launched by the Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal on 5th February 2017 in Guwahati.
Q.7. When is Antyodaya day is celebrated ?
Ans. 25 September
- Explanation:- Antyodaya Diwas day observed every year on 25 September and birth anniversary of erstwhile Bharatiya Jana Sangh and BJP icon Deendayal Upadhyaya Scheme in june 2011.104 birth anniversary celebrated in 2020. The aim of the Scheme to uplift the urban poor folks by enhancing sustainable livelihood opportunities through skill development.
- National Urban Livelihood Mission(NULM) is renamed as Deen Dayal Antyodaya Yojana (Day-NULM) and in Hindi as – Rashtriya Shahri Aajeevika Mission .
- Ministery of Rural development – Narendra Singh Tomar
Q.8. Who has been appointed as brand ambassador Aakash Educational Services Limited appoints ?
Ans. Yuvraj Singh
- Explanation:- The cricketer has come on board to help promote the company and its various brands including Aakash Institute, Aakash IIT-JEE , Aakash Digital and Meritnation .
Q.9. Has nuclear-powered surface-to-surface Prithvi-2 missile been tested nightly?
- Explanation:- is a tactical surface-to-surface short-range ballistic missile (SRBM) developed by Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) of India under the Integrated Guided Missile Development Program (IGMDP). It is deployed by India’s Strategic Forces Command. The trial of the surface-to-surface missile, which has a strike range of 350 km, was carried out from a mobile launcher from launch complex-3 of the Integrated Test Range at Chandipur near Balasore at around 11.35. Prithvi-II is capable of carrying 500-1,000 kilogram of warheads and is thrusted by liquid propulsion twin engines.
Q.10. U-Rise portal to help students in academic, getting jobs launched by which state ?
Ans. Uttar Pradesh
- Explanation:- U-Rise portal will have an e-library which can be accessed by students from anywhere , giving students even in the most remote districts of the state access to quality study material. A portal ‘Unified Re-imagined innovation for Student Empowerment .
- Important points in Uttar Pradesh – ☆ State flower – Palash , ☆ State tree – Ashok , ☆ Bal shramik schemes launche , ☆ Virtual high court started in UP , ☆ Herbal project 800km start , ☆ Ayush Kavach app launched in UP , ☆ UP becomes the most productive state within MNREGA, ☆ Dhudhwa national Park , ☆ Dhudhwa national Katarniya wildlife sanctuary.
Q.11. Which car company has launched a car membership program?
Ans. Maruti Suzuki
- Explanation:- Maruti Suzuki India Limited has launched a new loyalty program – Maruti Suzuki Rewards. This loyalty program will cover all passenger vehicle customers from ARENA, NEXA and True Value outlets. Kenichi Ayukawa, Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer, Maruti Suzuki India, said, “Maruti Suzuki Rewards reinforces our commitment to offer a bouquet of delightful services to customers . Maruti Suzuki India Limited, formerly known as Maruti Udyog Limited, is an automobile manufacturer in India. Maruti Udyog Limited was founded by the government of India in 24 February 1981, only to merge with the Japanese automobile company Suzuki in October 1982. The first manufacturing factory of Maruti was established in Gurugram, Haryana, in the same year.
Q.12. Which state’s Tourism “Human by Nature ” campaing has won PATA (Pacific- Asia Tarvel Association) Grand Award 2020 for Marketing ?
- Explanation:- Kerala on September 23, 2020 received an award from the United Nations for its ” outstanding contribution” towards preventing and controlling the spread of non-communicable disease. The UN Intergency Task Forces award was announced by WHO Director-General Tedros.
- PATA ( Pacific-Asia Tarvel Association) Grand Award 2020 – It acknowledged and reward the very best of Asia Pacific’s travel industry. PATA Grand and Gold Award winning projects has set industry standards for excellence.
- Capital of Kerala – Thiruvananthapuram
- CM – Pinarayi Vijayan
- Governer – Arif Mohammad Khan.
Q.13. Lay the foundation stone for the country’s first medical equipment park ?
- Explanation:- , Chief Minister, Kerala, will lay the foundation stone for Medical Devices Park on Thursday, 24th September 2020. The biomedical park will focus on providing the full range of services for the medical devices industry like R&D support, testing, and evaluation .
Q.14. Which central scheme completed three years on September 25, 2020 ?
Ans . Pradhan Mantri Sahaj Bijli Har Ghar Yojana
- Explanation:- The Pradhan Mantri Sahaj Bijli Har Ghar Yojana , also known as “Saubhagya scheme ” completed three years on September 25, 2020 . The scheme was launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 25 September, 2017 .
- The households were identified under Socio-Economic Caste Census (SECC) of 2011 . Under the scheme the eligible household are currently getting free electricity . The beneficiaries under the scheme are provided with LED lights , DC power plug .
- As of June 2019 , over 91 % of Indian households have been electrified under the scheme .
Q.15. Legendary Singer SP Balasubrahmanyam, who passed away on September 25th , was identified as the voice of which superstar in the 90s ?
Ans. Salman Khan
- Explanation:- Legendary singer SP Balasubrahmanyam passed away at 1:04pm at a private hospital in Chennai on September 25 , 2020 . He was 74 . The legend was identified as Salman Khan’s voice in the 90s just like Kishore Kumar became Rajesh Kumar khanna’s voice . He was born in Andhra Pradesh in Nalore place . He was song in 16 language and 6 times win national award for playback singer . Padam shiri award in 2001 and padam bhoshrd award in 2011.
Q.16. Sekhar Basu , passes away of COVID-19 at 68. He was related to which field ?
- Explanation:- Basu is revered for his contribution to the country’s atomic energy programme . He had also pioneered the highly complex reactor for India’s first nuclear- powered submarine INS Arihant .
- The atomic scientists was conferred the Indian Nuclear Society Award in 2002
Q.17. ‘Responsible AI for Social Empowerment 2020’, meet will be organized by ?
- Explanation :- The Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) and NITI Aayog will organize a Mega Virtual Summit on Artificial Intelligence (AI) , RAISE 2020 –’Responsible AI for Social Empowerment 2020′, from October 9, 2020 .
Q.18. Who is awarded 55th edition of the Jnanpith Award ?
Ans. Akkitham Achuthan
- Explanation:- Renowned Malayalam poet Akkitham Achuthan Namboothiri was conferred the 55th edition of the Jnanpith Award .
- About the Award :– It has achieved the recognition of the highest literary award of the country. English along with other Indian languages is considered for the Award . The Award is open for only Indian citizens and is given annually . The prize carries a cash award of Rs. 11 lakhs.
Q.19. Who has appointed as Managing Director in Energy Efficiency Services Ltd(EESL) ?
Ans. Rajat Sud
- Explanation:- A joint Venture (JV) of Public Sector Undertakings, under the Ministry of Power, Government of India , EESL has appRajat Sud as its new Managing Director from immediate effect.
- Headquater of EESL – New Delhi, India
- Chairman – Rajeev Sharma
List of Major organizations of the world and their headquarters:–
1. Red Cross – Geneva
2. Interpol – Paris (Lions)
3. Asian Development Bank (ADB) – Manila
4. World Wildlife Conservation Fund (WWF) – Gland (Switzerland)
5. NATO – Brussels
6. International Court of Justice – The Hague
7. UNICEF – New York
8. SAARC (Kathmandu) – Kathmandu
9. United Nations Environment Program (UNEP) – Nairobi
10. GATT – Geneva
11. World Trade Organization (WTO) – Geneva
12. Organization of American States (OAS) – Washington DC
13. Arab League – Cairo
14. Council of Mutual Economic Assistance (COMECON) – Moscow
15. World Council of Churches (WCC) – Geneva
16. European Energy Commission (EEC) – Geneva
17. African Economic Commission (ECA) – Addis-Ababa
18. European Free Trade Association (ECTA) – Geneva
19. United Nations High Commission for Refugees (UNHCR) – Geneva
20. International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) – Vienna
21. Western Asia Economic Commission (ECWA) – Baghdad
22. United Nations Trade and Development Conference (UNCTAD) – Geneva
23. Amnesty International – London
24. International Olympic Committee (IOC) – Lausanne
25. European Common Market (ECM) – Geneva
26. Commonwealth Head of State Conference (CHOGM) – Stransburg
27. Organization of Petroleum Producing Countries (OPEC) – Vienna
28. Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) – Paris
29. European Atomic Energy Community (EURATON) – Brussels
30. Commonwealth (Commonwealth) – London
31. European Economic Community (EEC) – Geneva
32. European Parliament – Luxembourg
33. European Space Research Organization (ESRO) – Paris
34. International Labor Organization (ILO) – Geneva
35. Economic and Social Commission of Asia and Pacific – Bangkok
36. Organization of African Unity (OAU) – Addis-Ababa
37. UNESCO – Paris
38. World Bank – Washington DC
39. International Monetary Fund (IMF) – Washington DC
40. United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) – Rome
41. BIMSTEC – Dhaka