Daily current affairs in English-2020 is very helpful for your government exams . Get important daily and monthly current affairs in English and quiz, one liners and gk tips and tricks and also related to your subjects which are very helpful for your examination .
Daily Current affairs – 2020
Q.1. India has provided 1.54 billion rupees to which country as post-earthquake assistance ?
- Explanation :- The financial support was provided as housing and school sector assistance and would further help in the renovation of educational institution and houses for the people affected in the natural disaster .
- About Nepal – Nepal is a landlocked country located between India to the east, south, and west and th Tibet Autonomous Region of China to the north . The Capital of Nepal is Kathmandu .
- Pashupati Nath temple present in Nepal and cross river Baghmati River ,
- Kosi, Narayani (Gandak) , and Karnali are three important river of Nepal .
- Bihar is largest border and west Bengal is smallest border of Nepal .
- India states that share borders with Nepal are Uttarakhand, Uttar Pradesh , Sikkim, West Bengal and Bihar .
Q.2. Who has announced to make a film on the revolutionary freedom fighter Pritilata Waddedar ?
- Explanation:- The film ‘Bhalobasha Pritilata’ will be based on the first woman Pritilata Waddedar (1911-1932) was a Bengali revolutionary nationalist of the Indian subcontinent against the British regime. The film is based on the novel by Selina Hossain. Dr. Hasan expressed hope that the film will be screened in India and other countries also. Pritilata was born in Dhalghat village of Chittagong in Bangladesh on 5 May 1911. She had her education in Chattogram, Dhaka and then at Bethune College, Kolkata for graduation. She joined the freedom movement and worked with revolutionaries like Surya Sen and Nirmal Sen.
Q.3. India-Japan maritime exercise (JIMEX) being held at which place ?
Ans. Arabian Sea
- Explanation:- Indian Navy and Japanese Maritime Self-Defence Force (JMSDF) ships conducted operations in close formation at JIMEX- 2020, the 4th edition of Indian-Japan Maritime bilateral exercise . It is being held in the North Arabian Sea from September 26 to 28 in every two year.
- In Japan has four important island from North to South – Mokkaido, Honshu, Shikoku and Kyushu . Tokyo located in Honshu island . Capital of Japan is Tokyo .
- Japan is located in between Sea of Japan and North Pacific ocean .
- Explanation:- The National Medical Commission (NMC) has replaced the Medical Council of India (BoG-MCI) , as per information released by the Health Ministry . Appointed as its chairman for three years .
- Medical Council of India (MCI) was founded in 1933 and sector is Medical education and Headquarters – New Delhi .
Q.5. The ADB has given $ 300 million for water supply and sanitation in secondary cities of which state?
Explanation:- ADB said the $300 million loan was to finance inclusive water supply and sanitation infrastructure and services in secondary cities of Rajasthan. “The project is expected to build citywide access for improved water supply services for around 570,000 people and enhanced sanitation services for about 720,000 people in at least 14 secondary towns. These localities have 20,000–100,000 residents,” it stated.
Q.6. With which country , India has recently as signed an Memorandum of Understanding (MoU ) on Intellectual Property Cooperation ?
- Explanation :- Department for Promotion of Industy and Internal Trade (DPIIT) , Ministry of Commerce and Industry signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU).
- Exchange of best practices , experiences and knowledge on IP awareness among public , authorities , businesses and research and educational institution of India and Denmark countries .
- Capital of Denmark – Copenhagen and Currency – Krone .
- Denmark is located in between two water bodies i.e. North Sea and Baltic Sea .
Q.7. Which state government has made TB test compulsory for exactly Covid-19 patients?
Ans. West Bengal
Explanation:- In West Bengal, the State health department has instructed mandatory tuberculosis tests of recovered covid patients after their discharge from hospitals or after testing negative in home isolations. This directive has been forwarded to all government and private Covid hospitals and testing laboratories of the state .
Q.8. World Environmental Health Day is observed globally on which date every year ?
Ans. 26 September
- Explanation :- World Environmental Health Day is being observed globally on 26 September . The day is celebrated to throw the light on important works being done on the environmental health around the world .
- Theme 2020- Environmental health, a key public health intervention in disease pandemic prevention .
Q.9. Who has become the brand ambassador of CEAT Limited?
Ans. Aamir Khan
- Explanation:- A tyre company of RPG Enterprises (Rama Prasad Goenka Group), has signed Indian Actor as its for 2 years deal with the Bollywood actor for different campaigns across media platforms.
- As part of the deal, Aamir Khan will feature in two commercials during the Indian Premier League (IPL) 2020 to promote Ceat’s SecuraDrive range of tyres, which are used in SUVs and sedans like Hyundai Creta, Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, Honda WR-V, Honda City, Skoda Octavia and Toyota Corolla.
Q.10. Which state to declare entire state as ‘ Principal Market Yard’ ?
- Explanation :- has to Punjab Chief Minister Captain Amarinder Singh to declare the entire state as a ‘’.
- Now, if the entire state is declared a Principal Market Yard, the central law would not apply anywhere in the state .
Q.11. Who has announced a grant of 50 thousand rupees to Durga Puja committees?
Ans. West Bengal
Explanation :- West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee announced a grant of Rs 50,000 to each Durga Puja committee in the state. Announcing a slew of doles for around 37,000 Durga Puja committees in the state, Banerjee said that the fire brigade, Kolkata Municipal Corporation (KMC), other civic bodies, municipalities and panchayats will not charge any money or tax for their services from the puja organisers.
Q.12. Durgam Cheruvu bridge is inaugurated in which state ?
- Explanation:- Rama Rao inaugurated the cable stayed bridge on Durgam Cheruvu on 25 September Union Minister of State for Home Affairs G. Kishan Reddy was the chief guest. The bridge, touted as one of its kind in the country, has been constructed as part of the Telangana government’s flagship Strategic Road Development Plan (SRDP).
- The Durgam Cheruvu Cable Bridge is a extradosed bridge in Hyderabad, Telangana, India. The bridge located in Jubilee Hills connects with Financial District and eases traffic congestion to Madhapur across Durgam Cheruvu . Design of bridge is Cable-stayed bridge and length of bridge is 233m(764ft) and total construction cost – ₹154 cr .
Q.13. A virtual bilateral summit has been organized between India and which country?
Ans. Sri Lanka
Explanation:- Prime Minister of India Shri Narendra Modi and Prime Minister of Sri Lanka H.E. Mahinda Rajapaksa held a Virtual Summit today in which they discussed bilateral relations and regional & international issues of mutual concern. Enhance cooperation to combat terrorism and drug trafficking including in the fields of intelligence, information sharing, de-radicalization and capacity building.
Q.14. Jaswant Singh has passed recently . He was a/an ?
Ans . Politician
- Explanation :- Former defence minister Jaswant Singh passed away on 27th September. He was 82 . In 2014 , he was admittied to the Army (Research and Referral) Hospital in Delhi following a severe head injury at his residence.
- Singh had contested the 2014 Lok Sabha elections as an Independent candidate from Barmer district in Rajasthan after he did not get a BJP ticket .
- He wrote a book ‘ A call of Honour’ .
Q.15. In which state is the interest-free loan scheme introduced for street vendors?
Ans. Madhya Pradesh
Explanation:- Madhya Pradesh government has announced to provide identity cards to all the street vendors of the state. Making the announcement in Bhopal on Thursday Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan said that a scheme to provide an interest-free loan of Rs 10,000 to rural street vendors of Madhya Pradesh has been implemented.
Q.16. Name the Formula1 race driver who has won Russian Grand Prix- 2020 ?
Ans . Valtteri Bottas
Explanation :- Valtteri Bottas won the Russian Grand Prix-2020 in Sochi .
Q.17. Mohammad Hussain Robal has become the new Prime Minister of which country?
- Explanation:- Somalia , officially the Federal Republic of Somalia is a sovereign country in the Horn of Africa. It is bordered by Ethiopia to the west, the Gulf of Aden to the north, the Indian Ocean to the east, and Kenya to the southwest. Somalia has the longest coastline on Africa‘s mainland .
- Capital of Somalia –Mogadishu and Currency- Somalia shilling and President of Somalia- Mohamed Abdullahi Mohamed
Q.18. Which state government has banned the sale of open cigarettes and beedis ?
Ans . Maharashtra
Explanation :- The Maharashtra government has imposed a complete ban on the sale of loose cigarettes and beedis. The state’s public health department said such items are sold without a packet and do not have specific health warnings as mentioned on the packet . Maharashtra has the lowest smoking rate in the country , the Global Youth Tobacco Survey 2016 showen .
Q.19. Which state government has launched an integrated portal named ‘U- Rise’?
Ans. Uttar Pradesh
Explanation:- The Uttar Pradesh government has launched U–Rise portal to help students in getting jobs. The U–RISE or the Unified Reimagined Innovation For Students Empowerment portal will provide career counselling assistance to students .
Today’s all important points of the country
■ Country – Bangladesh
☆》What does Bangladesh mean in English?
Ans – Land of Bengal
✍️》Capital – Dhaka
✍️》 Currency – Bangladeshi Taka
✍️》 Prime Minister – Sheikh Hasina
✍️》 Established – 1971
Bangladesh, the country with the most international border line with India.
Borders of states of India with Bangladesh: –
✍️ Trick: – “MAMTA BANERJEE”
5. West Bengal.
✍️ The longest length with Bangladesh seems to be from West Bengal. Total length is 4096 km .
☆What is the border line between India and Bangladesh ?
Ans . Radcliffe Line
☆What is the name of border between India and Sri Lanka?
Ans . Dhanushkodi
☆What is the name of border line between India and Afghanistan?
Ans . Durand Line
☆Which state is not sharing border with Bangladesh ?
Ans. Bangladesh does not share its border with which Indian state Jharkand