Click here – Weekly current affairs quiz -27 September
Daily current affairs in English-2020 is very helpful for your government exams . Get important daily and monthly current affairs in English and quiz, one liners and gk tips and tricks and also related to your subjects which are very helpful for your examination .
Daily Current affairs – 2020
Q.1. Which state has decided to reach out to children in remote areas through the radio ?
- Explanation :- Odisha Government is launching Radio Pathshala program for students upto class 8.The program will be broadcast from All India Radio stations in the state for 15 minutes daily .
- Some Odisha scheme —
- By a road campaign to increase tourism .
- Mo Pratiba scheme
- Agni 2
- Utkal divas- 1 April
- Mohd Rafiq – Chief justice of High court in Ordish
- PETA Award to CM – Naveen Patnayk
- Governer – Ghaneshi lal
- Mo Jeevan
- Wheeler island or A.P.J.Abdul kalam
- Chilka lake
Q.2. When is World Rabies Day celebrated?
Ans. 28 September
- Explanation :- World Rabies Day is celebrated on September 28 by the Global Alliance for Rabies Control . The day is also celebrated by the World Health Organization .
- Theme:- Vaccination and Collaboration
- It aims to eliminate such deaths completely by 2030 .
- Headquaters of WHO – Genewa and observed on 7 April .
Q.3. Which country has recently launched Haiyang-2C new ocean- monitoring satellite ?
- Explanation :- New ocean- monitoring satellite launched recently by China .
- Country’s third ocean dynamic environment satellite .
- Provide all-wheather and round – the- clock observation of wave height, sea surface height, wind speed and direction ,and temperature .
- In China Huang river are called in Sarrow of China and Yangtze river are largest river of Asia .
Q.4. Which country’s nominated Prime Minister Mustapha Adib has resigned?
- Capital of Lebanon – Beirut and Currency- Lebanese pound , Official Language of Lebanon – Arabic .
- President of Lebanon- Michel Aoun and Current Prime Minister- Hassan Diab
- Lebanon is bordered by Syria to the north and east and Israel to the south, while Cyprus lies west across the Mediterranean Sea. Lebanon’s location at the crossroads of the Mediterranean Basin and the Arabian hinterland .
Q.5. Who has been selected by AIFF as the best footballer of the year?
Ans. Gurpreet Singh Sandhu and midfielder Sanju
- Explanation :- Gurpreet Singh Sandhu , from Chandigarh (goalkeeper) . She became the 2nd goalkeeper to win the award after Subrata Paul in 2009 , Received 2019 Arjun Award .
- Sanju plays as a forward for both Indian Women’s Football team and Gokulam Kerala in Indian Women’s league . Sanju Yadav from Haryana (Midfielder) .
- All India Football Federation established on 23 June 1937 and Headquater in Delhi and President – Praful Patel .
Q. 6. Which state in India is the largest producer of sandlewood ?
- Explantion :- The Sandalwood Spike Disease (SSD) has infected several aromatic sandalwood trees in Kerala and Karnataka and invisible killer threatens India’s sandlewood forests .
- As, early as 1792, Tipu Sultan had declared it a ‘Royal Tree’ of Mysuru .
- International Union of Conservation of Nature to declare Sandalwood as “Vulnerable”.
Q.7. In which state is the neutrino observatory planned?
Ans. Tamil Nadu
Q.8. Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Prize is awaeded in which field ?
Ans. Science and Technology
- Explanation:- Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar (21st February , 1894 -1st January , 1955) . He was recieved as the “Father of Research Laboratories ” .He was the first director -general of the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) . He was also Chairman of the University Grants Commission (UGC) . He was awarded Padma Bhushan in 1954 . The prestigious award in science in India . Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Prize for Science and Technology was created in his honour .
- The names of the recipients are traditionally decleared by the Director General on every 26 September, which is the CSIR Foundation Day . Prize money :- 5lakh
- Background: It was first awarded in 1958 .
Q.9. PM Modi has launched 6 mega projects in which state recently under Namami gange project ?
- Explanation:- Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi shall inaugurate on 29th September 2020 through video conference .
- Also inaugurate” Ganga Avalokan” the first museum on Ganga dedicated to showcase the culture , biodiversity and rejuvenation activities done in Gnaga river . The museum is located at Chandi Ghat, Haridwar .
- A book ‘Rowing down the Ganges’ , co-published by National Mission for Clean Ganga and Wildlife Institute of India will also be launched at the event .
Q.10. The Governor of which state has launched the Ayurvedic Chemo Recovery Kit?
Explanation :- Maharashtra Governor Bhagat Singh Koshyari on 27 September launched chemo recovery kits containing Ayurvedic formulation at the Raj Bhavan in Mumbai . The chemo recovery kit has been developed by the Integrated Cancer Treatment and Research Centre of the Bharatiya Sanskriti Darshan Trust in Pune with financial assistance from the Tata Trusts.
Q.11. Which ministry has announced the setting up of Plastics Parks throughout the country ?
Ans. Chemicals and Fertilizers ministry
- Explanation :- The ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers has approved setting up of 10 Plastic Parks in the country .
- The Parks are being set up in the states of Assam , Madhya Pradesh , Odisha , Tamil Nadu, Jharkhand , Uttarakhand and Chhattisgarh .
Q.12. Who became MYNTRA’s beauty brand ambassador?
Ans. Disha Patni
Explanation:- Amar Nagaram, CEO, Myntra, said: “In a first-ever for Myntra, this association with Disha as our beauty brand ambassador represents our increasing focus on the booming Beauty and Personal Care segment. A beauty brand ambassador for Myntra, Disha said, “Beauty is an integral part of my life, even more since I became a model. Myntra has consistently pioneered the path to self-expression through fashion and beauty for fashion-forward customers, including myself .
Q.13. Who has been appointed as the new head of India women’s selection committee by BCCI ?
Ans. Neetu David
Explanation :- The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI ) has appointed Neetu David , one of finest women cricketers of India in the late ’90s and early 2000, as the Chairman of the 5 member women’s national selection panel
Q.14. What percent of India’s GDP has been estimated by NCAER in FY 2021?
Q.15. Ratings agency ICRA has forecasted India’s GDP at _______ in FY 21
- Explanation:- Ratings agency ICRA has revised its forecast for the contraction in India ‘s FY21 GDP to 11 percent from its earlier assessment of 9.5 percent .
Q.16. Which Card Launches new brand campaign contactless connections ?
Ans. SBI Card
- Explanation:- SBI Card aims to inspire for optimism SBI Card has announced the launch of its new brand campaign, “Contactless Connections” that spreads the message that love and care can be shared even during this difficult period where social distancing is the norm
- Ashwini Kumar Tewari, managing director and chief executive officer, SBI Card
Q.17. Who has started the ‘By Road Campaign’ to promote tourism?
Ans. Jyoti Prakash Panigrahi
Explanation:- Odisha tourism minister Jyoti Prakash Panigrahi who launched the ‘Odisha By Road‘ campaign flagging off a 25 km bike rally consisting of 80 superbikes from 9 super biker groups in Bhubaneswar said the state has opened up its tourism sector for travellers
Q.18. Major ports in Tamil Nadu ?
Ans. Chennai and Tuticorin
Importants news in one liner
- RBI ropes in Amitabh Bachchan for customer awareness campaign
- The sweet shops will have to display the best before date on the sweets kept in a container or tray for sale at their outlets . The new norm will be in force from October 1 . In case of non- packaged / loose sweets, the container/tray holding sweets at the outlet for sale should display the ‘Best Before Date’ of the product mandatority with effect from October 1, 2020 .
- The food business operators (FBOs) might also display the date of manufacturing . it is not mandatory however.
Important schemes by Govt.
▪️ Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana – August 28, 2014
▪️ Swachh Bharat Mission – October 2, 2014
▪️ Mission Rainbow – December 25, 2014
▪️ Beti Bachao Beti Padhao – January 22, 2015
•Atal Pension Yojana – May 9, 2015
▪️ D.D. Kisan Channel – May 26, 2015
▪️ Smart City Project – 25 June 2015
▪️ Prime Minister Housing Scheme – 25 June 2015
▪️ Digital India – July 1, 2015
▪️ Stand Up India – April 5, 2016
▪️ Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana – May 1, 2016
▪️ Ayushman Bharat Scheme – September 23, 2018
▪️ Ownership Plan – April 24, 2020