Daily current affairs in English-2020 is very helpful for your government exams . Get important daily and monthly current affairs in English and quiz, one liners and gk tips and tricks and also related to your subjects which are very helpful for your examination .
Daily Current affairs – 2020
Q.1. Kaladan project of India is with which country ?
- Explanation:- The Indian and Myanmar’s armies have, in a coordinated operation, destroyed at least 10 camps belonging to an insurgent group in Myanmar, which had become a threat to India’s mega in the neighbouring country. The operation was also undertaken keeping in view the safety of Indian workers engaged in the project. .
- About Kaladan project –
The Kaladan project connects Sittwe is the capital of Rakhine State and located at the mouth of kaladan river) .
Q.2. When is International Day of Non-Violence observed?
Ans. 02 October
- Explanation:-The International Day of Non-Violence is observed on 2 October, the birthday of Mahatma Gandhi, leader of the Indian independence movement and pioneer of the philosophy and strategy of non-violence.
- The UN General Assembly, through a resolution in 2007, designated 2 October as the International Day of Non–Violence .
Q.3. Which state has won first prize under Swachh Sundar Samudayik Shouchalaya category at state level ?
- Explanation:- In Gujarat Union Jal Shakti Minister Gajendra Singh Shekhawat on 2 October gave away the Swachh Bharat Awards-2020 to States, Districts, Blocks and Village Panchayats.The awards were given particularly under the drinking water and cleanliness categories.
- The Union Government had earlier launched three missions under Swachh Sundar Samudayik Shouchalaya, Samudayik Shouchalaya Abhiyan and Gandagi Mukth Bharat.
- Under the Swachh Sundar Samudayik Shouchalaya category Gujarat won the first position at state level .
- The Tirunelveli in Tamil Nadu got the first prize this Award for cleanliness at District Level.
- Khachrod block in Ujjain district in Madhya Pradesh was awarded the first position and
- Chinnanur Village in Tamil Nadu won the top slot at Gram Panchayat level.
Q.4. Vijai Vardhan has become the new Chief Secretary of which state?
Q.5. ‘Radio Prison ‘ on 151st Birth anniversary of father of the Nation launched in which city ?
- Explanation:- Ahmedabad’s Sabarmati Central Jail launches ‘Radio Prison ‘ on 151st birth anniversary of Father of the Nation.
Q.6. Which state government has announced ‘Self-reliant India Swayambh’ program?
- Explanation:- The Goa Chief Minister Pramod Sawant on Thursday announced its ambitious programme to increase economic activities and make every village in the state self-reliant by “harnessing resources available within the area”. Under the ‘Aatmanirbhar Bharat Swayampoorna Goa’ initiative, which will be implemented from Friday, benefits of all the state and central government schemes will be brought to the doorsteps of people.
Q.7. Which state has launched Pathashree Abhijan scheme to repair 7,000 roads in state?
Ans. West Bengal
- Explanation:- West Bengal launches Pathashree Abhijan scheme to repair 7,000 roads in state.
- The road of list will be collected from the campaign Didi ke Bolo.
- Some important points of West Bengal –
- Recently the Indian Coast Guard Ships (ICGS) ‘Kanaklata Barua’ within West Bengal was handed over to Kolkata.
- Self Scanner launche in West Bengal.
- Karma Bhumi Campaign
- Exit app
- Vegetable producer
- Buxa tiger reserve
- Jaldapara national park
- Border share with Odisha,Jharkhand, Bihar, Sikkim, and Assam .
- Bangladesh in the east , and Nepal and Bhutan in the North.
Q.8. Which Swiss tennis player has won the 150th Grand Slam of his career?
Ans. Stan Wawrinka
Q.9. Dalle Khursani has received has received Geographical Indication tag, this is related to which state ?
- Explanation:- One of the World’s species chillies – Sikkim’s Dalle Khursani to get GI tag .
- Dalle Khursani ,the famous red hot cherry of Sikkim, is set to get a geographical indication (GI) tag.
- The GI tag is a name or a sign given to a certain product that has a specific geographical location or origin.
Q.10. Which two-wheeler company has appointed BS Dhanoa as independent director?
Ans – Hero Company
- Explanation:- The country’s largest two-wheeler maker Hero MotoCorp on 1 October said it has appointed Air Chief Marshal (Retd) BS Dhanoa as a non-executive and independent director on the company’s board with immediate effect .Dhanoa served as the Chief of the Indian Air Force from January 1, 2017 to September 30, 2019.
- The company has also appointed Sanjay Bhan as Head of Global Business to pursue rapid expansion and consolidation in the international markets, Hero MotoCorp said .
Q.11. Which state has launched portal for online pension submission and tracking ?
- Explanation :- Assam CM Sarbananda Sonowal launches portal for online pension submission and tracking.
- The retired government employees, besides submitting pension related papers on line will be opportunity to check the status of his pension.
- Important points Assam –
- Capital of Assam – Dispur
- Assam’s only woman Muslim CM Syeda Anwara Taimur passes away.
- Dhanvantari yojana.
- Pragya radio program.
- Hima Das belong from Assam and brand ambassador of Adidas.
- Arundhati Gold Scheme .
- Arunodoi Scheme for women empowerment .
- Poba Reserve Forest in Assam “s Dhemaji to be upgraded to a wildlife sanctuary.
- Assam Government to Upgrade Dehing Patkai Wildlife Sanctuary to National Park.
Q.12. Surinder Singh Aattra has been appointed the CFO of which bank?
Ans. SBI Bank
Explanation :- State Bank of India (SBI) said Charanjit Surinder Singh Attra has been appointed as Chief Financial Officer (CFO). He joined the bank on Thursday, said SBI in a regulatory filing.SBI in a regulatory filing.State Bank of India (SBI) announced the appointment of Charanjit Attra as its new chief financial officer (CFO), as per a filing with the stock exchanges. The decision to laterally hire a CFO comes after the lender had sought clarification from the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) bank on its mandate to appoint specialised officers who are qualified chartered accountants.
Q.13. Who has appointed Mahindra Group as its Vice President?
Ans. Mohit Kapoor
Q.14. Dinesh Bhil to train Civil Service officers. He is related to which sports?
- Explanation:- Extra Curricular Module (ECM) which includes cooking, baking and archery . The Lal Bahadur Shastri National Academy of Administration (LBSNAA) has invited national champion archer Dinesh Bhil (Gujarat) .
Q.15. Who has announced to help small businesses go digital?
Q.16. Robert Lewandowski is related to which sports ?
- Explanation:- Bayern Munich striker Robert Lewandowski won UEFA men’s players of the year award on 1 October, ahead of Manchester City’s Kevin De Bruyne and Bayern goalkeeper Manuel Neuer . He belong from Poland.
Q.17. Who has inaugurated the VAIBHAV summit?
Ans. Narendra Modi
- Explanation:- PM Modi to inaugurate Bharatiya Vaigyanik Summit (VAIBHAV) through video conferencing.
- The aim of the summit is to be bring Indian origin luminaries in academic institutes and Research and Development Organisation across the world and resident counterparts on a single platform to debate upon collaboration mechanism to strengthen academic and Science and Technology base in India for global development.
Q.18. Who became the first state to conduct more than 10 million corona tests?
Ans. Uttar Pradesh
Q.19. Which bank approves loan worth USD 741 million for Mumbai Metro and Delhi -Ghaziabad-Meerut Rapid Rail ?
Ans. NDB Bank
- Explanation:- Headquarters location- Shanghai, China
- Founder- BRICS
- Founded- 15 July 2014, Fortaleza, State of Ceara , Brazil
- Parents organization: BRICS
- Leader : Marcos Prado Troyjo
- First President: K.V.Kamath