Click here – Weekly current affairs quiz -27 September
Daily current affairs in English-2020 is very helpful for your government exams . Get important daily and monthly current affairs in English and quiz, one liners and gk tips and tricks and also related to your subjects which are very helpful for your examination .
Daily Current affairs – 2020
Q.1. Sheikh sabah al ahmed died recently. He was the ruler of which country?
- Explanation:- Sheikh sabah is expected to be succeeded by his half brother, the crown prince Sheikh Nawaf Al Ahmed Al Sabah . Kuwait’s ruling Emir Sheikh Sabah al Ahmad al -Jaber al- Sabah passed away 29 September at the age of 91 .
Q.2. When is World Heart Day celebrated?
Ans. 29 September
- Explanation:- World Heart Day is observed on September 29. The day is observed to create awareness about cardio vascular diseases.
- Theme 2020 – “Use Heart To Beat Cardiovascular Disease ” .
- The National Health Policy of India Launched in 2017 aims to reduce the mortality from Cardio Vascular Disease, diabetes, cancer and chronic respiratory disease to 25% by 2025.
- Non- Communicable diseases such as cardiovascular disease threatens progress of 2030 agenda of sustainable development.
- Kerala faces the highest risk of 19.5% followed by Jharkhand at 13.5% .
Q.3. Which state has started YSR Jala Kala scheme recently?
Ans. Andhra Pradesh
- Explanation:- CM Jagan Mohan Reddy to launch YSR Jala Kala scheme . During his 3,648 km padayatra , Chief Minister US Jagan Mohan Reddy met farmers , whose fields were parched due to lack of water sources.
- To benefit the small and medium farmers who have no open water source for irrigation. Around three lakh farmers will be benefitted from YSR Jala Kala .
- Recently work done in Andhra Pradesh –
- Online Registration of Crops ‘E- Cropping ‘ begins in Andhra Pradesh.
- 8 July : Rythu Dinotutsvam (Farmer’s Day).
- 3 Million houses will be built under YSR Jagananna Colonies .
- ‘Nadu-Nedu’ programme .
- Kapu community.
Q.4. Which country’s Prime Minister has announced Digital Business Plan?
- Explanation :- Australia PM announces Digital Business Plan to drive economic recovery from covid .
Q.5. Himalayan Chandra Telescope is located at which place in India?
- Explanation:- Himalayan Chandra Telescope completes successful 20 years .
- Himalayan Chandra Telescope (HCT) has been in many coordination International campaigns to monitor stellar explosions,comets and exo-planets ,
- The Telescope is remotely operated via an INSAT-3B satellite link .
- It established in Mount Saraswati in Ladakh and its regulate by Indian Institutes of Astrophysics.
- It is placed in the cold , dry desert of Ladakh , 4500 m above the mean sea level at the Indian Astronomical Observatory (IAO) .
- It study of comotes.
Q.6. Who has started the slum upgradation program to make the state slum-free?
Explanation:- Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on 28 September announced that all slums in the State will be converted into Adarsh (ideal) colonies within the next three years.Launching the stage II of JAGA Mission, Naveen said the process will start immediately in 1,000 slums and then scaled up to cover every slum in the State. Odisha will be made slum-free in the next three years.
Q.7. Who is the External Affairs Minister of India ?
Ans. S Jaishankar
- Explanation:- External Affairs Minister S. Jaishankar will visit Tokyo from October 6 to 7 for QUAD is going to have a meeting .
- Mr. Jaishankar to also participate in the second Indian-Australia-Japan-USA ministerial meeting on October 6.
- Quadrilateral Security Dialogue (QUAD) is security maintain of Indian and Pacific ocean. QUAD word name given by Japanese Prime Shinzo Abe in 2007.
Q.8. Alapan Bandopadhyay has been appointed the new Chief Secretary of which state?
Ans. West Bengal
Explanation:- West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on September 28 appointed Alapan Bandyopadhyay as the new chief secretary of the state, replacing Rajiva Sinha who has been shifted to West Bengal Industrial Development Corporation.
Q.9. Who has received prestigious SDG Special Humanitarian Action Award by ( UNDP) ?
Ans. Sonu Sood
- Explanation:- Actor Sonu Sood, who is often dubbed as the ‘messiah of migrants’ for his philanthropic work during the coronavirus induced lockdown, has been conferred with the prestigious SDG Special Humanitarian Action Award by the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP).
- The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is the United Nations‘ global development network. It promotes technical and investment cooperation among nations and advocates for change and connects countries to knowledge, experience and resources to help people build a better life for themselve.
- UNDP was established on 22 November 1965 and Headquarters- New York city.
Q.10. Sajjangarh Wildlife Sanctuary is located in which state ?
- Explanation:- Campaign to Remove Lantana: Rajasthan
- A special drive to uproot the invasive Lantana bushes in the Sajjangarh Wildlife Sanctuary in Rajasthan’s Udaipur district has been carried out along with the plantation of native species on the cleared patches of land .
- Sajjangarh Wildlife Sanctuary is famous for long-billed vultures, commonly known as the Indian vulture.
- In IUCN red list status : Critically Endangered.
Q.11. Who has been given the additional charge of DG of NSG?
Ans. SS Deswal
Explanation:- ITBP Director General S S Deswal has been given the additional charge of counter-terrorism force National Security Guard (NSG) as its incumbent chief A K Singh is going to retire on September 30, according to a government order .
Q.12. Who has been honored with Lata Mangeshkar award 2020-21 ?
Ans. Usha Mangeshkar
- Explanation:- The Maharashtra government has announced the Gan Samragni Lata Mangeshkar award for the year 2020-21 to veteran female playback singer Usha Mangeshkar.
- The award is given by the cultural department of the state government. The award includes a cash prize of five lakh rupees, a certifie .
Q.13. Who hss been given additional charge of National Security Guard (NSG) Director General?
Ans . Surjeet Singh Deswal
- Explanation:- ITBP Director General, S S Deswal has been given the additional charge of counter-terrorism force National Security Guard (NSG) as its incumbent chief A K Singh is going to retire on September 30 .
Q.14. Who has been appointed as the new Chairman of TRAI?
Ans. PD Vaghela
- Explanation:- Chairman of the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India ( TRAI) .
- Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) for a period of three years or until he attains the age 65 years .
- He will succeed RS Sharma , who was at the helm of the sector regulator for five years .
Q.15. Which state government has launched the ‘Paryatan Sanjeevani Scheme ‘ to provide loan up to Rs 20 lakh to entrepreneurs to revive the tourism industry?
Explanation:- Under the ‘Paryatan Sanjeevani Scheme ‘, loan between Rs 1 lakh and Rs 20 lakh will be extended to interested local youths to take up new initiatives so that the tourism sector gets a fresh lease of life anid the coronavirus crisis.
Q.16. Who has been selected for the RBI Customer Awareness Campaign?
Ans. Amitabh Bachchan
Explanation:- After sport stars, the Reserve Bank has roped in Bollywood megastar Amitabh Bachchan for the customer awareness campaign to prevent gullible account holders from being duped by fraudsters. As part of the public awareness initiative of RBI, the regulator keeps informing about dos and don’ts that have to be followed by customers to transact safely and securely.
Q.17. From when the “Positive Pay System ” will be implemented by RBI for cheque payments ( above Rs 50,000) prevent cases of banking fraud ?
Ans. January 1, 2021
- Explanation:- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has come up with positive pay system for cheque payments to prevent cases of banking fraud .
- This will be applicable if the amount mentioned on the cheque is above Rs 50,000.
Q.18. ‘Syeda Anwara Timur’ has passed away She was the former Chief Minister of which state?
⭐Headlines-Positive Pay System
➡️ Recently, the Reserve Bank of India has announced to launch “Positive Pay System” for Check Truncation System from 01 January 2021.
➡️It will be developed by National Payments Corporation of India and will be made available to participating banks.
➡️ PPS will be required for all account holders issuing checks for an amount of Rs 50,000 and above.
➡️ This will help prevent fraud with high value checks.
★ Reserve Bank of India (RBI)
✔️ Governor- Shaktikanta Das
✔️ Established – 1 April 1935
✔️Headquarters – Mumbai
✔️Preparation of monetary policy
✔️Regulating and supervising the financial system
✔️Managing Foreign Exchange