Daily current affairs in English-2020 is very helpful for your government exams . Get important daily and monthly current affairs in English and quiz, one liners and gk tips and tricks and also related to your subjects which are very helpful for your examination .
Daily Current affairs
Q.1. Which company has recently developed R-Green Kit to diagnose COVID-19 infection ?
- Explanation:- Reliance developed RT-PCR kit that can give COVID-19 results in two hours .
- The Reliance Life Sciences recently developed RT-PCR kit that diagnose COVID-19 infection in about 2-hours.
- RT-PCR gives most accurate tests, but it is time consuming.
- Kit can detect the presence of E-gene,E-gene,RdRp gene of SARS COV2 virus with Actin as an internal control.
- As per ICMR results , the kit show 98.7 percent sensitivity and 98.8 percent specificity.
Q.2. Which country has topped the women’s ICC T20 rankings?
- Explanation:- Headquarters of ICC- Dubai
- CEO of ICC- Manu Sawhney
- Chairman- Imran Khwaja (interim)
- Formation of ICC- 15 June 1909
- ICC president- Shashank Manohar
Q.3. Bongosagar is the exercise between which two countries ?
- Explanation-:The second edition of is scheduled to commence in Northern Bay of Bengal on 3 October 2020.Bongosagar exercise is aimed at developing interoperability and joint operational skills through conduct of maritime exercises and operations.
- On October 3 , 2020 , India and Bangladesh are to hold a mega military exercise in Bay of Bengal. The exercise is to be followed by a two-day patrolling called CORPAT .
- The first edition of CORPAT began in 2018 .
- The Indian Navy is to deploy guided missile corvette khukri and anti-submarine warfare corvette Kiltan .
Q.4. Where has the ‘Shaurya Missile’ been successfully tested?
- Explanation:- On October 3, 2020 , India successfully test fired the new version of nuclear capable Shaurya missile in Balasore, Odisha .
- Range of 700-1000km . It is considered as the land version of Sagaika K-15 missile. K stand for kalam .
- DRDO developed this missile . DRDO founded in 1958 and headquarters in DRDO Bhawan , New Delhi and Agency executive or Chairman of DRDO – Dr. G. Satheesh Reddy .
Q.5. SS Kalpana Chawla Cargo Spacecraft is launched by —
- Explanation:-Northrop Grumman launch another flight to the International Space Station, this time named after late astronaut ‘ Kalpana Chawla’ .
- India – born US astronaut Kalpana Chawla had died her six crewmates aboard the space shuttle Columbia in 2003 .
- The Government of Karnataka instituted Kalpana Chawla Award in 2004 to recognise young women scientists.
- Chawla was the first India-born woman to enter space .
Q.6. The first vulture conservation and breeding center of the state has been established?
Ans. Gorakhpur, UP
- Explanation:-India’s first vulture conservation and breeding centre will be set up in Uttar Pradesh’s Gorakhpur at Bhari Baisi village in Farenda range of the Gorakhpur forest division. The project was approved by Deepak Kohli, the Joint Secretary of Uttar Pradesh’s Environment, Forest and Climate Change Department.
Q.7. Data Governance Quality Index is released by —
Ans. NITI( National Institution for Transforming Index)
- Explanation:- NITI aayog formed in 1 January 2015 and it’s headquarters in New Delhi and Chairperson of NITI aayog is Narendra Modi.
- Objective: Foster involvement and participation in the economic policy-making process by the State Government of India .
- Jurisdiction: Government of India
- And CEO of NITI Aayog – Mr. Amitabh Kant is presently .He is a member of the Indian Administrative Service, IAS (Kerala Cadre: 1980 batch) .
Q.8. Where has Amazon launched its new Fulfillment Center?
Ans. Tamil Nadu
- Explanation:-E-commerce major has launched a new ‘Fulfilment Centre’ in as part of strengthening its network in the state, that would lead to economic growth and create new jobs, the company.
Q.9. World Day for Farmed Animals is observed on _______.
Ans. 2 October
- World Day for Farmed Animals was celebrated on October 2, 2020 by the International animals’ welfare organization . The day is celebrated to raise awareness among people that intensive animal farming and poor treatment of farm animals can lead to a pandemic-level threat to humans. It could also depletes the health of the animals.
- World Animal Day – 4 October
- About World Animal Protection
- Headquarters – London, United Kingdom.
- National Wildlife week is celebrated in India between October 2nd and October 8th .
- India is to see the first five animal overpasses on the Delhi-Mumbai Expressway.
Q.10 Who had brand ambassador of Vedantu ?
Ans. Amir khan
- Explanation:-Vedantu, an online tutoring platform, has signed Aamir Khan as its brand ambassador. The actor will feature in six-ad film series conceptualized by advertising agency The Script Room.
- The ad campaign which has a simple tagline ‘Samaj Aayega toh Maza Ayega, Maza Ayega toh Samajh Ayega‘ will see Khan as a hands-on father, who is now been made redundant thanks to Vedantu.
Q.11. Who has been for “Gandhi Award” of Mahatma Gandhi National Foundation (MGNF)?
Ans. Sanjay Singh
- Explanation:- Rajya Sabha MP Sanjay Singh selected for Gandhi Award of MGNF Rajya Sabha . MP Sanjay Singh chosen for Gandhi Award by Mahatma Gandhi National Foundation.
- India’s Diplomatic intervation to remote Mahatma Gandhi’s image on beer bottles of private company in Israel.
Q .12. Who has become the player to play the most IPL matches?
Ans. Mahendra Singh Dhoni
- Explanation:-Chennai Super Kings (CSK) captain MS Dhoni is all set to create history by becoming the most-capped player in the Indian Premier League (IPL). With 193 IPL caps, Dhoni currently shares the top spot with his former CSK deputy, Suresh Raina.
Q.13. Who is the author of “Unfinished” ?
Ans. Priyanka Chopra
- Explanation:- Unfinished is a book which aims at inspiring women to dream big. Explaining her purpose of penning the short stories and personal experiences, she spoke about being fearless and having a voice for expressing her opinions.
Q.14. Who has launched FBD portal?
Ans. Indian Railways
- Explanation:-Center for Railway Information Systems (CRIS) has developed a Freight Business Development (FBD) Portal. The FBD has been specially designed and developed with a Customer First Philosophy and helps in familiarizing new freight customers with Indian Railways Freight Business.
Q.15. Name the CM of the state has launched “Gram Darshan”?
Ans. Manohar Lal Khattar(Haryana)
- Explanation:-6,197 gram Panchayat go digital as Khattar launches ‘Gram Darshan’ .
Q.16. Who has named the Decade of Healthy Agency for the decade 2020-30?
- Explanation:- The Decade of Healthy Ageing (2020-2030) is an opportunity to bring together governments, civil society, international agencies, professionals, academia, the media, and the private sector for ten years of concerted, catalytic and collaborative action to improve the lives of older people, their families, and the communities in which they live.
Q.17. Vishnu Shivaraj Pandian is related to which sports ?
- Explanation:-Vishnu Shivaraj Pandian wins gold in 10 meter air rifle event of International Online Shooting Championship.
Q.18. In which state a month-long cyber security awareness campaign has been started?
- Explanation:-The ‘CyberSafety’ campaign will be jointly conducted by the Assam Police and cyber-security think tank Cyber Peace Foundation (CPF), Additional Director General of Police (Administration and Security).
- It was launched by Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal on the occasion of the foundation day of the Assam Police on Thursday.
Q.19. World’s longest tunnel is located in which state ?
Ans. Himachal Pradesh
- Explanation:- The prime minister has inaugurated the Atal Tunnel in Himachal Pradesh’s Rohtang , which connects Solang Valley near Manali to Sissu in Lahaul and Spiti district.
- 9.02km tunnel is the longest highway tunnel .
Q.20. With which company has a contract of 400 crore for the supply of 1 million hand grenades?
States with highest crop production
Apple ===> Jammu and Kashmir
Rice ===> West Bengal
Millet ===> Rajasthan
Bamboo ===> Assam
Banana ===> Tamil Nadu
Barley ===> Uttar Pradesh
Cashew ===> Kerala
Chili ===> Maharashtra
Cotton ===> Gujarat
Wheat ===> Uttar Pradesh
Mecca ===> Andhra Pradesh
Gram and Dal ===> Madhya Pradesh
Walnut ===> Gujarat
Jute ===> West Bengal
Mango ===> Uttar Pradesh
Mecca ===> Uttar Pradesh
Mustard ===> Rajasthan
Onion ===> Maharashtra
Pepper ===> Kerala
Paddy ===> West Bengal
Potato ===> Uttar Pradesh
Ragi ===> Karnataka
Rubber ===> Kerala
Silk ===> Karnataka
Sugarcane ===> Uttar Pradesh
Soybean ===> Madhya Pradesh
Sunflower ===> Karnataka
Tea ===> Assam
Tobacco ===> Andhra Pradesh
Turmeric ===> Andhra Pradesh
Wheat ===> Uttar Pradesh
Arhar ===> Uttar Pradesh
Coconut ===> Kerala