Click here – Weekly current affairs quiz – 4 October
Daily current affairs in English-2020 is very helpful for your government exams . Get important daily and monthly current affairs in English and quiz, one liners and gk tips and tricks and also related to your subjects which are very helpful for your examination .
Daily Current affairs
Q.1. When is World Habitat Day celebrated recently?
Ans. 05 October
- Explanation:-The United Nations designated the as In 2020, the World Habitat Day is being celebrated on The day is commemorated every year worldwide to throw light on the condition of our towns and cities, and on the basic right of all to adequate shelter.
- Theme in 2020- “Housing For All — A Better Urban Future” .
Q.2 With which of the following country, India has agreed to operationalise the Sittwe port in the Rakhine state ?
- Explanation:- Ministry of External affairs have notified that India and Myanmar have agreed to operationalise the Sittwe port in the Rakhine state by first quarter of 2001 .
- Two day long visit of Chief of Army Staff (COAS) General M M Naravane .
Q.3. Which state’s Chief Minister has launched the campaign ‘War against pollution’?
- Explanation:-Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal on Monday launched a mega anti-air pollution campaign, saying polluted air can be life threatening in view of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Q.4. Omar-al-Razzaz is the Prime Minister of which country ?
- Explanation:-Jordan’s King Abdullah on Saturday accepted the resignation of Prime Minister Omar al Razzaz and asked him to stay on as a caretaker premier until he designates a successor
Q.5. Which country’s cricketer Najib Tarakai died in a road accident?
Q.6. Which state has launched government opens registration on ‘Meri Fasal-Mera byora ‘ portal ?
- Explanation:- Haryana government opens registration on ‘Meri Fasal-Mera byora’ portal for paddy procurement.
- The decision was taken by the state government in response to the demand of the middlemen of different mandis of the state and farmers from outside the state.
- About Haryana
- Statehood day : 1 November 1966
- Capital: Chandigarh
- Chief minister: Manohar Lal Khattar
- Governor: Satyadev Narayan Arya
- Boarder share with Punjab , Himachal Pradesh and Rajasthan .
- Smadhan se vikas started
- Double stake container tunnel
- Kisan mitra
- Help me mobile app
- Surajkund Mela
- Gram Darshan
Q.7. Which country has announced to send the first Asteroid Mining Robot into space?
- Explanation:-China to send first-ever ‘asteroid mining robot‘ into space. An IEEE Spectrum report, the Beijing-based company is set to send the world’s first mining robot named ‘asteroid mining robot‘ into space by November 2020 to identify and extract resources.
Q.8. Who will be awarded Nobel prize in Physics for 2020 ?
Ans. Roger Penrose(Britain), Andrea Ghez (America) and Reinhard Genzel (Germany)
- Explanation:- The Nobel Prize 2020 in the Physics category has been awarded to Roger Penrose while the other half is jointly awarded to Andrea Ghez and Reinhard Genzel.
- Canadian born James Peebles, Swiss Astronomers Didier Queloz and Michael Mayor .
Q.9. Which state’s popular pepper ‘Ile Khursini’ has got GI tag recently?
Q.10. ‘Ayush Standard Treatment Protocol’ is launched by which Minister ?
Ans. Harsh Vardhan
- Explanation:-Health Minister Dr. Harsh Vardhan launches ‘Ayush Standard Treatment Protocol’ . The protocols details the self-care guidelines for preventive health measures which will help in protecting against COVID-19 .
- Ayush stand for Ayurveda yoga unani siddha and homeopathic.
Q.11. Who has been appointed as chairperson for Chardham road project ?
Ans. Ravi Chopra
- Explanation:-The Supreme court appointed Ravi Chopra Committee has alleged that the Chardham road project has violated court order .
- Supreme court had ruled that width of roads constructed under Chardham project shall be 5.5 m .
- About the Pilgrimage sites
Gangotri is dedicated to Goddess Ganga and Yamunotri to Goddess Yamuna . The Kedarnath is dedicated to Lord Shiva and Badrinath temple to Lord Vishnu .
Q.12. Who has released the book Bapu- The Unforgettable?
Ans. Manish Sisodia
- Explanation:-On the occasion of the 151st birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi, Deputy Chief Minister of Delhi Manish Sisodia launched a coffee-table book “Bapu – The unforgettable”.
Q.13. Which state has launched digital seva setu program for rural areas ?
- Explanation:- ‘Digital Seva Setu’ program, under which 3,500 village panchayats have been connected with 100 MBPS optical fiber networks to facilitate the online availability of public welfare services.
Q.14. Who has become India’s 100% solar powered airport?
Ans. Puducherry Airport
- Explanation:-Puducherry airport has become the Airports Authority of India’s (AAI) first entirely solar-powered airport in the country with the commissioning of 500KWp ground-mounted solar power plant at a cost of Rs 2.8 crore.
Q.15.Naugarh railway station is located in which state ?
Ans. Uttar Pradesh
- Explanation:- Piyush Goyal inaugurates renaming of Naugarh railway station to Siddharth Nagar.
- The state government changed the name of the Mughalsarai railway station to Deen Dayal Upadhyaya railway station, Allahabad was renamed as Prayagraj and Faizabad as the Ayodhya district.
Q.16. Which state’s Chief Minister has launched Gram Darshan digitally?
Q.17. Who has been appointed as the ambassador of Hudle ropes ?
Ans. Ajinkya Rahane
- Explanation:-Sport tech and events startup Hudle has announced the appointment of cricketer Ajinkya Rahane as brand ambassador and advisor of the company.
✅ Right Livelihood Award 2020
Recently the Right Livelihood Award Foundation has announced four winners of the Right Livelihood Award for the year 2020.
➡️ The Right Livelihood Award is known as the Alternative Nobel Prize in Stockholm.
♦️ 4 winners
✔️ Ales Baliatzky (Belarus) – for establishing democracy in Belarus respectively.
✔️ Nasreen Sotoudeh (Iran) – For her contribution to human rights in Iran.
✔️ Brian Stevenson (US) – for efforts to reform the criminal justice system and advance racial reconciliation in the US.
✔️ Lotty Cunningham Wren (Nicaragua) – for his contribution in protecting indigenous lands and communities from exploitation.
These current affairs of one liner questions with explanation and Important points are very helpful to all comings comptetive exams .