Click here – Weekly current affairs quiz – 4 October
Daily current affairs in English-2020 is very helpful for your government exams such as Upsc, ias, Railway, SSC etc. Get important daily current affairs in English and quiz, one liners and gk tips and tricks and also related to your subjects which are very helpful for your examination .
Daily current affairs
Q.1. Hurricane Delta has been recently reported at which place ?
Ans. Gulf of Mexico
- Explanation:- Hurricane Delta is an ” extremely dangerous” major hurricane on a collection course with Mexico’s Yucatan Peninsula and the US Gulf Coast .
Q.2.When is World Cotton Day celebrated?
Ans. 07 October
- Explanation:-World Cotton Day (WCD) is observed globally on 7th October since 2019. The international day aims to celebrate the advantages of cotton, ranging from its qualities as a natural fibre to the benefits people obtain from its production, transformation, trade and consumption.
- The day was inaugurated by the World Trade Organization (WTO) in Geneva on October 7, 2019. WCD Day was initiated by the Group of Cotton-4 countries namely Benin, Burkina Faso, Chad and Mali to the reflect the importance of cotton as a global commodity.
- Theme in 2020: The theme of the 2020 World Cotton Day celebration in Brazil is, ‘Cotton: The Fibre that Moves Me‘.
Q.3.India has signed MoU on cyber Security with which country ?
- Explanation:-A joint mechanism is to developed under the agreement to mitigate cyber threats and enhance the security of information.
Q.4.How many times has AI asked all its sports coaches to conduct fitness tests in a year?
Q.5. Which country has signed ahead of general elections in November 2020 ?
- Explanation:-Prime Minister Sabah AI Khalid , on October 6, 2020, submitted it’s resignation.
- The resignation from the Kuwaiti government came after the appointment of Sheikh Nawab as the new emir of Kuwait following the death of Sheikh Sabah al- Ahmed al- Jaber al- Sabah in US at 91.
- Capital of Kuwait – Kuwait city and currency – dinar
Q.6.India has signed MoU with which country to acquire lightweight tanks ?
- Explanation:-India is currently in advanced talks with Russia to acquire a newly developed light weight tank that could be useful in high altitude areas like the Line of Actual Control (LAC) in eastern Ladakh. These are newly developed in Russia .
Q.7. Who will be awarded Nobel Prize in Chemistry for 2020 ?
Ans. Emmanuelle Charpentier and Jennifer A Doudna
- Explanation:-The Nobel Prize for Chemistry , 2020 has been awarded to Emmanuelle Charpentier and Jennifer A Doudna for “Development of a method for Genome Editing”.
- Technique called ” CRISPR-Cas9 Shipping Scissors” .
Q.8.Which city has hosted the ‘Naval Installation Ceremony 2020’?
- Explanation:-The ceremony was conducted at Samudrika Naval Auditorium and was witnessed by senior dignitaries of the Indian Navy and families of the awardees .
Q.9.Which state government has launched mobile app Kisan Rath ?
- Explanation:-Assam government launches mobile app , Kisan Rath , to promote buyer-seller network .
- The newly launched app connects more than 10,000 farmers, 50 farmer-producer organisation and 1,000 verified agricultural traders on its interface.
- Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal launched the Kisan Rath (fruit & vegetables) app, in the state .
Q.10. Who became the first Indian batsman to reach 9000 runs in T20 cricket?
Ans. Virat Kohli
- Explanation:-Virat Kohli became the first Indian batsman to reach 9,000 runs in T20 cricket. He achieved this milestone in Royal Challengers Bangalore’s (RCB) IPL match against Delhi Capitals (DC) yesterday in Dubai.
Q.11. Which state will build Two Atal Adarsh Schools to be built in every block ?
- Explanation:-Two Atal Adarsh Schools to be built on every block of Uttarakhand , 174 schools identified.
- Now, poor low income group students will get education in the competition of public schools. Education in these schools will be through both English and Hindi medium .
Q.12.Which state government has announced the ‘Digital Seva Setu program’?
- Explanation:- The state government of Gujarat has announced a ‘Digital Seva Setu’ programme to ensure optimum utilisation of technology for public welfare in rural areas. The program has been initiated under the Centre’s BharatNet Project.
- Under the ‘Digital Seva Setu’ program, public welfare services will be made available in all the 14,000-gram panchayats in the state by connecting village panchayats through an optical fibre network .
Q.13. Which state has launched to support farmers under ‘ Aatmanirbhar’ plan ?
- Explanation:-To help farmers , crop insurance and fencing will be availed.
- Capital of Goa- Panaji
- Chief Minister- Pramod Sawant
- Governor- Bhagat Singh Koshyari.
Q.14. Name the IPS officer who has been appointed as the Director-General of Bureau of Civil Aviation Security (BCAS) ?
Ans. MA Ganapathy
- Explanation:-He is a 1996 batch IPS officer of Uttarakhand cadre.
Q.15. Who has been appointed the brand ambassador of Drools?
Ans. Kareena kapoor
- Explanation:-Kareena Kapoor Khan roped in as the brand ambassador of Drools, India’s leading dogs and cat’s nutrition brand in India.
Q.16. Vishal Anand has passed away recently. He was a/an ________.
- Explanation:-Veteran Bollywood actor, Vishal Anand has passed away . Vishal Anand was a Bollywood actor, born in Mumbai in the state of Maharashtra, India, known for his roles in Chalte Chalte, Dil Se Mile Dil and Taxi Driver. He was born Bhisham Kohli and was a member of the Anand Family. He appeared in 11 films in total, producing and directing a few of them, such as Bhisham Kohli.
Q.17.Where is the meeting of the foreign ministers of the quad countries held?
Explanation:- Quad Countries’ Foreign Minister meet held in Tokyo, Japan. All four Quad countries the United States, Japan, India and Australia to hold bilateral discussions over “Free and Open Indo-Pacific” (FOIP) initiative amid coronavirus pandemic. This is the second Quad FM meeting. The first was held in 2019.
Q.18.Which state government has announced to set up cyber police station?
- Explanation:- In Chhattisgarh, State Police is planning to set up Cyber Police Stations at each range headquarters to deal effectively with increasing cyber crime.
✅Headlines of daily current affairs 2020- BRICS Summit
➡️ Recently 12th BRICS summit has been announced to be held.
➡️This conference will be held on 17 November 2020 through video conference.
➡️This time due to the global COVID epidemic, this meeting will be held virtuously.
➡️ This summit will be held under the chairmanship of Russia.
➡️The theme of the meeting of the representatives of BRICS countries is “BRICS Partnership for Global Stability, Shared Security and Innovative Growth”.
✔️ Members – Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa
✔️ First BRIC Summit – 2009
✔️ South Africa – included in December 2010 hence BRICS
Population of BRICS countries – about 40% of total population
Share in global GDP – around 30%
✔️ Objective – to promote economic status and development of member countries.
PLEASE GIVE ME FEEDBACK RELATED TO Daily current affairs -8 october 2020 .