Today’s current affairs in English-2020 is very helpful for your government exams . Get important daily and monthly current affairs in English quiz , one liners and gk tips and tricks and also related to your subjects which are very helpful for your examination .
Current affairs in one liner
Q.1. When is The International Literacy Day celebrated?
Ans – 8 September
Q.2. With which of the following country India and US has collaborated to develop 5G tech ?
Ans – Israel
Q.3. R. Masakui has been appointed as the High Commissioner of India in which country?
Ans – Jamaica
Q.4. Which city will host the third annual Indo- pacific Business Forum ?
Ans – Hanoi
Q.5. When is the World Solar Technology Summit organized?
Ans – 8 September
Q.6. By which ‘Household Social Consumption:Education was published ?
Ans – NSO
Q.7. According to the report, which state has the lowest literacy?
Ans – Andra Pradesh
Q.8. Where has the COVID-19 Vijay Rath inaugurated recently?
Q.9. Which state’s/UTs have the best and worst literacy rate in India ?
Ans – Kerala
Q.10. Which state’s Virudhunagar district has become a fully digital economy district?
Ans – Tamil Nadu
Q.11. Himachal Pradesh signed $82 million loan for the implementation of Roads Transformation Project with which bank ?
Ans – World Bank
Q.12. Which company has partnered with Cyber Peace Foundation to drive cyber safety awareness ?
Q.13. Who has been awarded Indira Gandhi peace prize awarded for 2019 ?
Ans – David Attenborough
Q.14. Who has released The State of Young Child in India report?
Ans – M. Venkaiah Naidu
Q.15. Who has chaired the meeting of G-20 Education Ministers?
Ans. Saudi Arab
Q.16. Which state UT has launched Ahata-e-Waqar Centre for senior citizen?
Ans – Jammu and Kashmir
Q.17. Where has the sanitization on one call service launched?
Q.18. Veteran actor Jaya Prakash Reddy passed away on September 8, 2020 after suffering from a cardiac arrest . Reddy belonged to which regional film industry ?
Ans – Telugu
Q.19. Which state government has launched ‘Sampoorna Poshana ‘ scheme for providing nutritious food to pregnant women?
Ans – Andhra Pradesh
Q.20. Fitch Ratings has estimated India’s GDP growth at ________in 2020-21
Ans – -10.5
Q.21. Which state launched ‘Sanitization on one call service ‘ ?
Ans – Lucknow
Important points of the day
- Headquarter of World Bank is Washington, D.C. , and total countries is 189. Head of World Bank is David Malpas ( USA) . World Bank was founded on 1944 and work start on 1945 .
- Sir David Attenborough , who is a naturalist and broadcaster, will be awarded the Indira Gandhi Prize for peace, Disarmament and Development for the year 2019 . Towards promoting international peace and development besides ensuring that scientific discoveries are used for the good of humanity and enhancing the scope of the freedom.
- R. Masakui appointed as next High Commissioner of India to Jamaica .
- India,Israel and the United States have begun collaboration in development area,and in next generation of emerging technologies, including a transparent, open , reliable and secure 5G communication network.
- The third annual Indo-pacific Business Forum is scheduled to be held in Vietnam’s capital Hanoi on October 28 and 29 , 2020 .
- The importance of literacy was first observed at the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organizations (UNESCO) general conference in 1966 .
- Literacy Day 2020 was focus on the changes and challenges in learning during the COVID-19 pandemic. As per UNESCO,India will achieve universal literacy by 2060 .