The Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) on 6 July 2021 introduced India’s first FASTag or Unified Payments Interface (UPI) based parking facility to reduce the time for entry and payment. This has been done to come up with similar facilities at more of Delhi Metro’s parking spaces across the city and the National Capital Region (NCR). The facility was launched at the Kashmere Gate metro station.
According to Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC), as part of the Multi-Model Integration (MMI) initiative, dedicated Intermediate Public Transport (IPT) lanes for Taxi, E-Rickshaw, Auto was also inaugurated at the metro station.
Best telegram channel for daily current affairs 👉 Click here
Important days 👉 Click here
Facilities provided in India’s first UPI based cashless parking
- On July 6th, 2021, The Delhi Metro launched FASTag/UPI based cashless parking facility at the Kashmere Gate Metro Station, Delhi.
- The facility can accommodate 55 four-wheelers and 174 two-wheelers. The parking plaza would accept NETC FASTag for 4 wheelers & UPI payments for all 2 wheelers.
- The cashless parking project is a major step as part of the government’s ‘Digital India’ initiative. We have taken this up as a pilot project.
- The parking fee will be deducted through FASTag, which will reduce the time for entry and payment. Only the vehicles with FASTag will be allowed to park in this facility.
- The entry for 2-wheelers can be done only by swiping the DMRC smart card.
- The smart card swipe is used only for registering the time of entry and exit and fare calculation and no money will be deducted from the card.
- The parking fee can be paid via UPI apps by scanning the QR Code.
Important points for all competitive exams
- Which Metro in India for the first time launches the FASTag/ UPI based cashless parking facility? — Delhi Metro
- Which Government to set up Flower Processing Centre? – Karnataka
- Which state has India’s first rice ATM ? – Karnataka
- Which state opened first human milk bank? — Kerala
- Where is the floating ATM in India? — Kerala
- Which bank launched first floating ATM? – State Bank of India (SBI)
- Which metro city in India is known for the first floating market? – Kolkata
- Who is called Metro Man is India? — Elattuvalapil Sreedharan