Eight states got new governors on July 6, 2021 as President Ram Nath Kovind made some major new changes. The new governors have been appointed for states including Haryana, Karntaka, Madhya Pradesh, Goa, Tripura,Jharkhand, Mizoram and Himachal Pradesh. While some of the current governors have been transferred to new states, in some others new appointments have been made.
Best telegram channel for daily current affairs 👉 Click here
Important days 👉 Click here
Speaking after his appointment as Governor, Union Minister Thaawarchand Gehlot said, “President Kovind & PM Modi have shown faith in me & have appointed me as Karnataka Governor. I’ll live up to their expectation & do my job faithfully. I’ll try to resolve the issues within constitutional limits & with discussions.”
The Minister will be submitting his resignation from all three positions including Rajya Sabha MP and Union Minister of Social Justice and Empowerment in person.
President Kovind & PM Modi have shown faith in me & have appointed me as Karnataka Governor. I'll live up to their expectation & do my job faithfully. I'll try to resolve the issues within constitutional limits & with discussions: Thawarchand Gehlot, Karnataka Governor Designate pic.twitter.com/yMoZk2i01A— ANI (@ANI) July 6, 2021
Complete list of new appointed governors
|S.No||State||New Governor appointed|
|2.||Madhya Pradesh||Mangubhai Chhaganbhai Patel|
|3.||Mizoram||Dr. Hari Babu Kambhampati|
|4.||Himachal Pradesh||Rajendra Vishwanath Arlekar|
|5.||Goa||P.S. Sreedharan Pillai|
|6.||Tripura||Satyadev Narayan Arya|
Important Solved Questions for all competitive exams
- Who Is A Governor? — Governor may be define as the title of a politician who governs a constituent state and may be either appointed or elected.
- How Governor Is Elected? — Under the Article 157 and Article 158 of the Constitution of India, The eligibility requirements is specified for the post of governor. They are as follows – A governor must: be a citizen of India, be at least 35 year of age , not be a member of the either house of the parliament or house of the state legislature, not hold any office of point.
- Who is the first woman governor of India? – Sarojini Naidu
- Who was the first and last governor-general of independent India? – Chakravarti Rajagopalachari(1878-1972)
- Who was the first governor-general of British in India? — Warren Hastings
- Who of the following Vice President was elected unopposed? — S. Radhakrishnan
- What are executive, financial and judicial powers of the Governor? — Governor cannot remove members of State Public Service Commission , President consults him while appointing the judges of the concerned State High Court and Governor appoints people to the judicial service of the state.
- Which of the following powers possessed by a Governor? — Executive powers, Judicial powers and Legislative powers
- Who is de-jure head of a State Government ? — The president
- In which one of the following states, it is not constitutionally obligatory for the Governor to appoint a minister in-charge of tribal affairs? – Bihar
- Who of the following is not appointed by the Governor? — State Director General of Police
- Under which Article of the Constitution of India, the State Governor can reserve a Bill for the consideration of the President? — Article 200
- Which of the following Constitutional Amendments made it possible to appoint one person to hold the office of the Governor in two or more states simultaneously? — Constitution (Seventh Amendment) Act, 1956
- Under which article of the constitution governor has the power of promulgate ordinances? — Article 123 and Article 213
- Who administer the oath of the governor? — The Chief Justice of the concerned state high court
- Who administered the oath of office? — the Chief Justice of the Supreme
- Who administers oath of office to the Chief Justice of India? — President Ram Nath Kovind