The 5th generation weapon system that uses artificial intelligence for automatic target acquisition and recognition is capable of precision strikes at ranges of up to 300km, and is immune to electronic countermeasures according to the company.
Important points of Sea Breaker A1 missile
- Israeli defence electronics company Rafael Advanced Defense Systems called “Seabreaker” the missile is a naval and artillery unit “force multiplier, designed to overcome the challenges of the modern warfare arena,” Rafael said in a statement.
- The four-meter-long missile weighs less than 400 kilograms and flies at high subsonic speeds towards its target.
- With infrared homing and automatic target recognition capabilities, it can be launched both during the day or night and in all weather conditions.
- Sea Breaker features an advanced imaging infra-red seeker, which can engage stationary or moving targets in a diverse range of land and marine environments.
- Sea Breaker can be launched from naval platforms, varying in size, from fast attack missile boats, to corvettes and frigates. The land version is a central part of the shore defence, based on Rafael’s highly mobile SPYDER launchers.
Using artificial intelligence, the Sea Breaker performs deep-learning and big data-based scene-matching, a unique combat-proven Rafael technology, enabling Automatic Target Acquisition (ATA) and Automatic Target Recognition (ATR). The system is capable of full operations in GNSS-denied arenas as well as in all weather conditions. It is also immune to electronic countermeasures, jam-resilient, and capable of flying close to the water or terrain, according to Rafael.
Telegram channel for daily current affairs 👉 Click here
Weekly current affairs Quiz 👉 Click here
Sea Breaker vs BrahMos
- The Sea Breaker flies at “high subsonic speeds”, the Brahmos is a supersonic cruise missile and would be seen as a direct competition to the Israeli system.
- BrahMos has a flight range of up to 290km where as Sea Breaker ranges of up to 300km.
- Brahmos launched from Ship, submarine, aircraft, and land-based mobile launchers where as Sea Breaker can be launched from naval platforms, varying in size, from fast attack missile boats, to corvettes and frigates.
Important points for all competitive exams:
- Israel Prime minister: Naftali Bennett;
- Israel Capital: Jerusalem;
- Israel Currency: Israeli Shekel.
- Israel President: Reuven Rivlin
- Israel is situated on the southeastern shore of the Mediterranean Sea and the northern shore of the Red Sea, and shares borders with Lebanon to the north, Syria to the northeast, Jordan on the east, the Palestinian territories of the West Bank and the Gaza Strip to the east and west, respectively, and Egypt to the southwest.