- Shehroze Kashif became the youngest Pakistani to climb the world’s second highest peak, K2.
- Kashif was the fifth Pakistani to summit the peak, at 5:05am that morning.
- Shehroze Kashif from Lahore achieved the feat of scaling the 8,611-metre high peak .
A 19-year-old Shehroze Kashif became the youngest Pakistani to climb the world’s second highest peak, K2, the second-highest peak in the world. Shehroze Kashif from Lahore achieved the feat of scaling the 8,611-metre high peak with the aid of bottled oxygen. Kashif was the fifth Pakistani to summit the peak, at 5:05am that morning, and won the title of the world’s youngest climber. Before Kashif, Sajid Sadpara, the son of the legendary climber Muhammad Ali Sadpara, was the youngest person to have climbed K2 at the age of 20.
Best telegram channel for daily current affairs👉 Click here
Important days👉 Click here
Kashif also scaled the world’s 12th-highest mountain, the 8,047-meter Broad Peak, at the age of 17. In May this year, he became the youngest Pakistani to scale Mount Everest. Pakistan, Nepal, and China are home to the 14 highest peaks in the world, also known as the 8,000ers. Five 8,000-metre peaks, including K2 and Nanga Parbat, are in Pakistan.
Haidri also said that a separate group of four other Pakistani climbers from Hushe Valley reached the top of K2, also known as the Savage Mountain.
Nanga Parbat and K2 are considered as the most difficult and challenging by the climbers.
Important points for all competitive exams
- Pakistan is bounded by Iran to the west, Afghanistan to the northwest and north, China to the northeast, and India to the east and southeast. The coast of the Arabian Sea forms its southern border.
- Pakistan Capital: Islamabad;
- Pakistan President: Arif Alvi;
- Pakistan Prime minister: Imran Khan;
- Pakistan Currency: Pakistani rupee.