On 25 November 2021 indigenous space startup Skyroot Aerospace successfully test-fired 1st first privately built cryogenic rocket engine “Dhawan-1”.This new engine will be fixed in the upper stage of the Vikram-2 rocket of Skyroot Aerospace (Vikram rockets are designed especially for launching small satellites). Skyroot Aerospace, a space technology startup based in Hyderabad.
Dhawan-1 is fuelled liquid propellant Liquid Natural gas (LNG) and Liquid Oxygen (LoX) —a high-performance, low-cost, and clean rocket fuel and this is made-in-India cryogenic engine has been developed using 3D printing with a superalloy, thus reducing manufacturing time by more than 95%.
Best telegram channel for daily current affairs👉 Click here
Important days 👉Click here
About Skyroot Aerospace
- Skyroot Aerospace Private Limited is an Indian private aerospace manufacturer and commercial launch service provider headquartered in Hyderabad.
- The company was founded by former engineers and scientists from ISRO.
- Skyroot Aerospace has demonstrated all three types of propulsion technologies: liquid propulsion, solid propulsion and cryogenic propulsion.
- The company has been developing its first launch vehicle, the “Vikram-I,” which is on track for its initial launch around the end of 2022.
- In August 2020, Skyroot first came into the limelight when it test-fired the Raman-I (named after C. V. Raman) hypergolic-fuel upper stage. This is liquid propulsion engine.
- On 22 December 2020, Skyroot tested the solid-fuel rocket engine “Kalam-5” (named after A. P. J. Abdul Kalam), the first of five planned carbon-composite Kalam rocket motors which are expected to power its launch vehicles. This engine is solid propulsion.
- Skyroot Aerospace Founded – 12 June 2018
- Skyroot Aerospace Headquarters – Hyderabad, Telangana
- Skyroot Aerospace Co-founder, CEO & CTO – Pawan Kumar Chandana
- Skyroot Aerospace Co-founder, COO – Naga Bharath Daka.