Turkey and Azerbaijan begin joint military drills named “Mustafa Kemal Atatürk 2021” in Baku (joint live-fire tactical exercises) , deploying tanks, helicopters and drones in an effort to improve the two countries’ combat interoperability. The exercises involve up to 600 personnel in an effort to improve the allies’ combat interoperability.
Telegram channel for daily current affairs 👉 Click here
Weekly current affairs Quiz 👉 Click here
“The main objective of the exercises held with the participation of Azerbaijani and Turkish servicemen is to improve interaction between the units of the armies of the two countries during combat operations, to develop the commanders’ military decision-making skills and their ability to manage military units”.
Important points for all competitive exams
- Turkey President – Recep Tayyip Erdogan
- Turkey Capital – Ankara
- Turkey Currency – Turkish lira
- It shares borders with Greece and Bulgaria to the northwest; the Black Sea to the north; Georgia to the northeast; Armenia, Azerbaijan, and Iran to the east; Iraq to the southeast; Syria and the Mediterranean Sea to the south; and the Aegean Sea to the west and Istanbul is the largest city and financial centre.
- Azerbaijan Capital and largest city – Baku
- Azerbaijan Prime minister – Ali Asadov
- Azerbaijan President – Ilham Aliyev
- Azerbaijan Currency – Azerbaijani manat
- It is bounded by the Caspian Sea to the east, Russia to the north, Georgia to the northwest, Armenia and Turkey to the west, and Iran to the south.