Ugliest to Queen of Languages! Many languages are spoken in our country, but there has been a debate on the social media regarding the Kannada language. Let us tell you that Kannada language has been portrayed as ‘India’s ugliest language’ in Google, due to which people have expressed their displeasure on social media. While Google has displayed Kannada as the ugliest language in India, on the other hand it has also shown that ‘Kannada is the queen of languages in the world’.
Important days 👉 Click here
Weekly current affairs quiz 👉 Click here
Best telegram channel for daily current affairs 👉 Click here
- Google showed Kannada for “ugliest language in India” query as of Thursday afternoon
- The state government said that legal action will be taken against Google
- The search results were altered by the tech giant by around 3 pm today.
Karnataka’s Minister for Kannada, Culture and Forestry, Aravind Limbavali, told the media that Google would be given official notice to show such an answer to that question.
Later, he took to Twitter to express his anger and sought apology from Google to Kannada and Kannadigas.
The Kannada language has its own history, it has already emerged about 2,500 years ago, the minister said and added that the language has become the pride of Kannadigas over the years.
Demonstrating Kannada in a negative way “… it’s just Google’s attempt to insult Kannadigas’ pride. I want to apologize to @Google ASAP for Kannada, Kannadigas.
When contacted, a Google spokesman said, “Search is not always convenient. Sometimes, the way online content is interpreted can bring surprising results to certain queries.”
“We know this is wrong, but we take immediate redress if we are informed of the issue and are constantly working to improve our algorithms. Naturally, this does not reflect Google’s views, and we apologize for not understanding and damaging any feelings.”
Former Prime Minister H D Kumaraswamy criticized Google for a series of tweets in response to the grim answer to a language question. You want to know why Google is “behaving recklessly” in terms of language.
Others including the BJP Parliament of Bengaluru Central, P C Mohan criticized Google and asked him to apologize.
Sharing a search screenshot on his Twitter handle, Mohan said Karnataka is home to the great kingdom of Vijayanagara and the Kannada language has rich heritage, glorious heritage and unique culture.
“One of the oldest languages in the world, Kannada had some great writers who wrote epics before the birth of Geoffrey Chaucer in the 14th century. Sorry @GoogleIndia.”
Important Solved questions
- Which country has the most beautiful language? — Ans. FRENCH – MOST BEAUTIFUL SPOKEN LANGUAGE
- What is the second most beautiful language in the world? – Ans. Bangla/Bengali
- What is the most unique language? – Ans. Pirahã(a language spoken by a tribe of about 350 people in the Amazon).
- Which language has the most beautiful letters? Ans. Burmese (Myanmar)
- What is the funniest language? – Ans. Spanish is the sounds funniest of all languages.
- What country has a unique language? – Ans. Finland