The tech giant Microsoft announced that the company will be setting up the country’s largest data center in Hyderabad, Telangana and will be operational by 2025 and its fourth microsoft data centre located in India in Hyderabad. The hyderabad data center will be an addition to the existing network of three regions in India – Pune, Mumbai, and Chennai, which have been operational for more than five years. Hyderabad is Microsoft’s largest investment in the country with the highest number of employees after its headquarters in Redmond, US. The new data centre will add to the growing demand for Microsoft’s cloud services from both the private enterprises as well as the government sector.
Best telegram channel for daily current affairs? Click here
Important days? Click here
About the Microsoft data centre in India
- To set up the data centre, Microsoft has signed a definitive agreement with the Telangana state government with a total investment of Rs 15,000 crore.
- In terms of Microsoft’s own expansion plans’s the company stated that they are expanding their Hyderabad campus and the total campus is now spread over a 2.5 mn Sq.ft area with 18,000 full-time employees.
- The Hyderabad centre of Microsoft is the largest centre for the tech giant after Redmond. In India, Microsoft has 14,000 partners and it serves around 340,000 companies in the country.
- A Microsoft data centre region provides a competitive advantage to our digital economy and is a long-term investment in our country’s potential. The cloud is transforming every industry and sector. The investment in skilling will empower India’s workforce today and into the future.
- The Hyderabad data centre region is also expected to support local business growth and create new jobs across IT operations, facilities management, data or network security, network engineering, process management, and project management.
Important points for all competitive exams
- Microsoft CEO and Chairman – Satya Nadella
- Microsoft Founded – 4 April 1975
- Microsoft Founders – Bill Gates, Paul Allen
- Microsoft Headquarters – Redmond, Washington, United States.